• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deflate-Gate: Patriots Being Investigated For Deflated Footballs

It was kind of odd to me when Bellichik is using his tackle eligible shenanigans with a 21 point lead. It's almost Nixon-esque where he tries to gain an unneeded advantage. 

That's the perfect comparison here. Watergate came in the midst of a campaign where Nixon won 61% of the vote against someone so libera they lost every state but Massachusetts and DC, and yet he was still delusional enough to think he needed to break the law to win.

Nobody in their right mind thinks the Patriots would have lost that game because of football deflation, but Bill Belichick does these stupid things that make no sense to increase the odds even further. The Patriots were always going to beat Indianapolis. Why bother with this?

THIS! Fining them clearly isn't doing the job.

The only problem there is there is no provision anywhere in the NFL rulebook to change the result of a finished game. It's the same thing in the NCAA - once the game is over, the result is final. Short of Goodell suspending the Patriots franchise, there is literally nothing that can be done to change the outcome.

You bunch of ninnies finding any and every reason to bash an organization that has done nothing but win since 2001 when Bill sold his soul to the devil and acquired the football jesus himself, Tom Brady.

Once again. the score was 45 to fuging 7. You guys are absurd in thinking a deflated ball led to a 17-7 lead. Could it be that the Colts play and practice indoors yet Brady and company just don't lose at home? Look at their statistics at home in December and January and tell me what you think the odds the Patriots were going to win were anyway.

We beat the Patriots last season and always seem to play them close when we do play. Today's NFL is to keep games close, and when they aren't close due to ref calls, then people search for other reasons. Maybe it was that Luck has sucked against the Pat's every time they have played. Maybe it is every team that goes to Foxborough from December onward is destined to lose in humiliating fashion.

There were no deflated balls, this is an attempt to save face by the Colts organization because they were absolutely destroyed in the first really high profile game of their new "Mannings" career. Now his career may very well be mirroring that of Manning than ever before and in my opinion may be headed down a Marino type path.

I found it interesting that an officials time out during the game held up play because they didn't have the right ball on the line of scrimmage for NE by the ball boy?.....................First time I ever saw that in a game.

Does anyone remember when NE won a playoff game with a snow plow clearing the ground for the FG kicker to have a clean kick.......but that plow was no where to be found for the opposing team when they had to kick a FG.

You bunch of ninnies finding any and every reason to bash an organization that has done nothing but win since 2001 when Bill sold his soul to the devil and acquired the football jesus himself, Tom Brady.

Once again. the score was 45 to fuging 7. You guys are absurd in thinking a deflated ball led to a 17-7 lead. Could it be that the Colts play and practice indoors yet Brady and company just don't lose at home? Look at their statistics at home in December and January and tell me what you think the odds the Patriots were going to win were anyway.

We beat the Patriots last season and always seem to play them close when we do play. Today's NFL is to keep games close, and when they aren't close due to ref calls, then people search for other reasons. Maybe it was that Luck has sucked against the Pat's every time they have played. Maybe it is every team that goes to Foxborough from December onward is destined to lose in humiliating fashion.

There were no deflated balls, this is an attempt to save face by the Colts organization because they were absolutely destroyed in the first really high profile game of their new "Mannings" career. Now his career may very well be mirroring that of Manning than ever before and in my opinion may be headed down a Marino type path.

Any attempt to subvert the rules to gain an unfair advantage shows a distinct lack of integrity. That may not mean much to you, it obvious it doesn't mean anything to the Pats, but thank goodness it isn't a lost concept on everyone.

I have no idea if it's true but Im sure we will find out.

Is there anyone here who actually watched that game and think the Colts loss because Brady had a slightly deflated football??????????

If so then ...

I saw the game....I do not think it is the reason the Colts lost the game at all. That doesn't mean it didn't give the Patroits an advantage though. There is a reason the NFL has rules concerning inflated balls....ya know, to keep it fair for both teams?

I have no idea if it's true but I wouldn't be proud of the Panthers if we were doing it.

and if this is true, this is no excuse for getting beaten 45-7

What's the point of that that mantra? Either using deflated balls is acceptable or it isn't. I don't care for the Patroits or the Colts so it isn't about making excuses for winning or losing, it's about basic fairness and having integrity. The final score doesn't really matter does it?

Archived