• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Superbowl over hyped to the point of nauseum

Jmac

Not a sourpuss..just my feelings about it.

My point is that it's two teams that you probably not only don't give a poo about, you more than likely can't stand either one (at least that's how it is for me). So of course hearing about them for two weeks is annoying. However, if you're a fan of either of those teams then watching all the hype for two weeks before the game is awesome. So don't poo-poo other fans' experience because it's not your team - just watch something else. 

The Super Bowl is the greatest show in sports - it's not broken. Well....except maybe the difficulty for fans getting reasonably priced tickets. But you gotta pay to play in the big game....or just watch it at home. 

Why the Super Bowl is not on Saturday is beyond me. I think ratings would increase because people could have parties and not have to worry about work.

I agree with this. There's no reason for it to be on Sunday just because games are played on Sundays during the regular season. Last year was a good example....the game was a blowout and instead of staying at the party I went home and stopped watching. If it was Saturday I would have stayed out and kept watching the massacre. 

Why the Super Bowl is not on Saturday is beyond me. I think ratings would increase because people could have parties and not have to worry about work.

Completely agree.  Especially now that they have two damn weeks between the game every year, the teams still get more off time to prepare than normal so I see no downside.

If the Panthers were playing..

I would watch Media day over Serena Williams.  (I love watching Serena btw)

I would listen to Chris Carter and Trent Dilfer sanctimonious drivel. 

I would listen to Steven A Smith pontificate. 

I would enjoy Cam Newton messing up old saying.

I would enjoy Luke Kuechly being turned into a household name.

I would enjoy people calling Rivera ..Riverboat Ron even if he killed Riverboat Ron in the offseason.

Long story short I probably wouldn't have slept for the last 3 weeks. ....It's much different when your team is in it.

This week I was able to make arrangements for the party.    Thats about all I can muster up as far as excitement right now.  That being said, its the Superbowl so it would take a lot for me to miss it.

Day after should be a national holiday. 

I'm looking forward to this one more than any since the Panthers one for some reason. The match up is great. I don't watch much sports "entertainment" and when I do I turn it when it starts to get repetitive. I honestly haven't followed a ton of the media regarding this game.

Don't have a team to root for really and don't have one to root against but this SB is fantastic from a football perspective for many reasons. It may be a total blowout but the match up going into the game couldn't be much better IMO. I haven't watched much of the hoopla because so much of it has been about deflated footballs and not the game itself but really looking forward to the actual game on Sunday.    

My point is that it's two teams that you probably not only don't give a poo about, you more than likely can't stand either one (at least that's how it is for me). So of course hearing about them for two weeks is annoying. However, if you're a fan of either of those teams then watching all the hype for two weeks before the game is awesome. So don't poo-poo other fans' experience because it's not your team - just watch something else.

The Super Bowl is the greatest show in sports - it's not broken. Well....except maybe the difficulty for fans getting reasonably priced tickets. But you gotta pay to play in the big game....or just watch it at home.

Couldn't have said it better. And I'll be watching cos it's football! Also the finals need to be on Saturdays. I've never understood the Sunday thing.

Archived