• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4 Things Greg Hardy Must Do to Remain a Panther

Jeremy Igo

We do?

As far as I can tell, the defense played lights out the last part of the year once the rookies got up to speed.

We don't need Hardy, and we certainly don't need his cap hit.

While I agree he is replaceable, I do have to argue that Russell Wilson was under a lot more pressure last year in Charlotte than he was in either game this year.

It's hard to make an argument that you need any player unless they're a franchise guy, but our team would definitely be better with him.

I would rather have Hardy than CJ.

Guest Barry McCaulkinor

I love greg hardy. I wouldn't oppose to bringing him back. I've moved on, but I'd be happy as a fly on poo if he stayed.  

Some of this is just ubserd. You can't Give money back and I'm sure Hardy has already talked to JR and said he was sorry. The Fact of the matter is the Panthers were happy to let Hardy play last year if not for the NFLs black eye from ray rice. If Hardy signs a cap happy deal for a few years I'm sure Rivera, Dave, and JR will take him back. Dude will be a monster and earn his money.

We do?

As far as I can tell, the defense played lights out the last part of the year once the rookies got up to speed.

We don't need Hardy, and we certainly don't need his cap hit.

Yes we do. We are a better team with him. He makes Star better. He makes the entire line better.

Yes we need him because we are better with him.

You're better than this.

I believe Ealy will be a very good player in the near future and wouldn't be at all suprised to see D.G grab another DE in the draft. In fact, the man said that we can't have enough pass rushers. He wasn't talking about Hardy

Yes we do. We are a better team with him. He makes Star better. He makes the entire line better.

Yes we need him because we are better with him.

You're better than this.

You aren't getting what I am saying.

In the last month of the year and the playoffs, the defense was ranked what 3rd? Thats what happened when the rookies caught up and started playing.

I feel like that defense is good enough to win a Superbowl without Hardy. Would it be better with Hardy? Sure, but its good enough now. Take the resources that we would have spent on him and spend it on the OL.

You aren't getting what I am saying.

In the last month of the year and the playoffs, the defense was ranked what 3rd? Thats what happened when the rookies caught up and started playing.

I feel like that defense is good enough to win a Superbowl without Hardy. Would it be better with Hardy? Sure, but its good enough now. Take the resources that we would have spent on him and spend it on the OL.

You aren't talking neuroscience. Of course I get what you're saying. My point is if a guy makes you a better team he is needed on the team. That's it. I prefer great over good enough. Just me though.

Wow we're really debating Hardy's benefit to the team because our defence "did alright" when the rookies started playing well. 

If you wanna see the impact of elite players on a team, look at how well the team performs against stronger opponents: 

2013 record vs .500 or better teams: 4-3 (average of 18 points conceded) 

2014 record vs .500 or better teams: 1-5-1 (average of 39 points conceded) 

We're better off without him though. 

Wow we're really debating Hardy's benefit to the team because our defence "did alright" when the rookies started playing well. 

If you wanna see the impact of elite players on a team, look at how well the team performs against stronger opponents: 

2013 record vs .500 or better teams: 4-3 (average of 18 points conceded) 

2014 record vs .500 or better teams: 1-5-1 (average of 39 points conceded) 

We're better off without him though. 

Did alright? Did you watch the defense in December and in the playoffs? They were as good as any Panthers unit over the past decade.

Archived