• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Suspension Likely

Jeremy Igo

Suspensions are without pay.

so considering this occured last season if they decided to use the exempt list as time served he would be docked pay from 6 of his 17 games last season. He made 13.1 million dollars. That's where I got the 5/6 million dollar fine from.

so considering this occured last season if they decided to use the exempt list as time served he would be docked pay from 6 of his 17 games last season. He made 13.1 million dollars. That's where I got the 5/6 million dollar fine from.

Anything is possible.  But with the way the expemt list is set up, I would think that they would want to keep is separte from suspensions.

I hope Hardy can rescue his season by growing the hell up, I do think being that this is his first time do "damage" to the shield will limit the suspension but really he needs to shut up and start showing some maturity.

Which includes fixing this mess here first, get involved in the community offer to play at a discount and get the off social media. It sounds so stupid when your talking about a football player but he chose to hang out with a known drug user, had unsecured weapons and sometimes sounds like an idiot on social media.  

So he needs to show remorse for his poor choices and get on with kicking butt- on the field. Smitty had issues but he knew that off the field behavior played a part in being a NFL player, it does matter...especially after 2014

Anything is possible. But with the way the expemt list is set up, I would think that they would want to keep is separte from suspensions.

That's a good point it could set an interesting precedent. We'll just have to wait and see. I just find it unlikely that they suspend him after he already was out last year and now his case has been dismissed. But media pressure is everything and Goodell folds like a cashmere pocket square.

The reason it isn't going to happen is because he was just forced to sit for 16 games.

You might want to get into the minutiae of whether that is technically considered a suspension or not, to Greg Hardy and the NFLPA will contend that it was. And the union is going to fight very hard to not allow the league to set a precedent of double suspensions, once when accused and again after resolution.

NFLPA I imagine would fight this tooth and nail.

I think it would be more likely to see Hardy get a severe fine from the league and even that would be appealed.

You can't look at past cases because there aren't any cases where a player was already forced to sit out 16 games while being tarred and feathered costing him potentially millions in future earnings

The reason it isn't going to happen is because he was just forced to sit for 16 games.

You might want to get into the minutiae of whether that is technically considered a suspension or not, to Greg Hardy and the NFLPA will contend that it was. And the union is going to fight very hard to not allow the league to set a precedent of double suspensions, once when accused and again after resolution.

NFLPA I imagine would fight this tooth and nail.

I think it would be more likely to see Hardy get a severe fine from the league and even that would be appealed.

You can't look at past cases because there aren't any cases where a player was already forced to sit out 16 games while being tarred and feathered costing him potentially millions in future earnings

my man!!! Well said.

Fox Sports says

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-greg-hardy-unlikely-to-escape-nfl-s-punishment-020915

the person.

Free agency begins one month and one day from Monday. That's plenty of time for the NFL to conduct a full review of Hardy's case and determine whether his case warrants a suspension. Not-so-bold prediction: The league will answer yes to that one and suspend Hardy, perhaps longer than the six-game standard Roger Goodell proposed in his updated domestic-violence policy because there were mitigating factors in this case, namely the weapons allegedly involved.

I dont give a poo about Hardy. But damn though. We franchise him, then he gets put on the exempt list and played one game.

Id much rather the NFL grant us that money in cap space that we payed him not to play. Otherwise, if he does sign with another team, they pay us that money back somehow in the form of pure cash or picks or something.

Just messed up he couldn't play because of the exempt list...but still gets paid and we lose that money as if throwing it out the window.

Archived