• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So who "has Jerry Richardson's ear"?

Mr. Scot

Was it in JR heart to forgive SMitty as Bright was getting carried out the building to the hospital to get his Jaw fixed and his eye reattach?

Jerry being a former player listen to his locker room. . And Players might not know what Hardy will do.. but it seems like the leaders are willing to stake their reputation on him.. And that should mean a lot to a former player..

In my opinion Gettlemen is a shrew business man type GM... And if he can get a top 10 pass rushers for below market value on a prove it deal...he will..

I think this is the most logical realistic post I have seen in weeks. Im sure it will be passed aside by most of the idiots on here but its something I wish we would discuss more.

I would think that all the Panthers players want to excel and win a Super Bowl and realize that having Greg Hardy, would help to acheive that goal.I believe that impact players like Cam Newon, Thomas Davis,Ryan Kalil, Greg Olsen,Charles Johnson  and Luke, along with HC Ron Rivera, would all like to talk Jerry Richardson into bringing Hardy back. 

Was it in JR heart to forgive SMitty as Bright was getting carried out the building to the hospital to get his Jaw fixed and his eye reattach?

Jerry being a former player listen to his locker room. . And Players might not know what Hardy will do.. but it seems like the leaders are willing to stake their reputation on him.. And that should mean a lot to a former player..

In my opinion Gettlemen is a shrew business man type GM... And if he can get a top 10 pass rushers for below market value on a prove it deal...he will..

Smitty was forgiven for those incidents under prior GMs.

Gettleman is the guy who got rid of him, and got Jerry Richardson's blessing to do so.

i don't know that I'd consider that a good sign for Hardy.

Again though, this thread isn't about Hardy.

Surprised no one's mentioned the guy that's known JR his whole life, went to his alma mater, and now has worked for him for 3 years.

He'd be the one that has JR's ear more than anyone because of that personal connection. Almost like a mole or snitch if need be.

As to how much lobbying for Hardy he's doing, that's up for debate (I don't think he's doing very much of it), but when JR needs a status of the locker room report, he calls......

Brenton Bersin

Edit: See he's so under the radar that I forgot his pic was posted. He's perfect snitch material

Surprised no one's mentioned the guy that's known JR his whole life, went to his alma mater, and now has worked for him for 3 years.

He'd be the one that has JR's ear more than anyone because of that personal connection. Almost like a mole or snitch if need be.

As to how much lobbying for Hardy he's doing, that's up for debate (I don't think he's doing very much of it), but when JR needs a status of the locker room report, he calls......

Brenton Bersin

Bersin was in one of the first replies.

Brenton Bersin

Edit: See he's so under the radar that I forgot his pic was posted. He's perfect snitch material

Who would listen to a fourth string guy though.

It will only have to be a "prove it deal". Neither GMan, or JR will take the risk of resigning Hardy for a market level deal. 

As bad as Smitty was over the years (and he was bad); he never cost the Panthers $$, by not playing 15 games in one season. So though Smitty punching out a player was really bad (and it was). He still didn't cost JR all that money. You cannot imagine how much that stings to an owner, especially with another prospective contract looming.

Very difficult, to see Hardy coming back, unless it's a team friendly deal.

It's that very uncertainty, which will make it very difficult for Hardy to come back (unfortunately), unless it's an unlikely, very team friendly deal?

Luke Kuechly could be arrested for manslaughter tomorrow. Nothing is certain.

I bet if it WAS Luke that the huddle would be all over his nuts pleading for him to come back.

Luke Kuechly could be arrested for manslaughter tomorrow. Nothing is certain.

I bet if it WAS Luke that the huddle would be all over his nuts pleading for him to come back.

Just so you know: I would like Hardy to come back myself. But I'm also a realist. 

And of course, this has something to do between Keuchly and Hardy, as Kraken has been quite reckless and immature (I mean REAL immature, not faux media/wannabee Cam immature) during his Panther tenure. Do you deny this?

Thus, he becomes a financial risk. Too many Panther fans are looking at it, just on the ON THE FIELD Reasons.    

It will only have to be a "prove it deal". Neither GMan, or JR will take the risk of resigning Hardy for a market level deal.

As bad as Smitty was over the years (and he was bad); he never cost the Panthers $$, by not playing 15 games in one season. So though Smitty punching out a player was really bad (and it was). He still didn't cost JR all that money. You cannot imagine how much that stings to an owner, especially with another prospective contract looming.

Very difficult, to see Hardy coming back, unless it's a team friendly deal.

The point of this change in many opinions is the thinking that Greg might actually be willing to play here for below his value. .. If he wasn't Bill Voth wouldn't even waste his time writing this story. ..

The only reason Smitty wasn't more of a money pit at times. . Is because the Panthers didn't punish his actions accordingly. . He could have been suspended more for fights with teammates and fights against opponents. .

It is very hard to see Hardy coming back here unless he is willing to effectively bend to the Panthers demands... but the only reason this is even discussed now is this might be a possibility. ..

Archived