• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Gettleman be tempted to draft Gurley @ 25?

CatMan72

Third round? That's ridiculous. He'll be long gone by the time we pick in the second. He could even be gone by 25 tbh. This "RB position is dead" "take" is completely overblown. The only reason a RB hasn't been taken in the first recently is because there hasn't been one worth taking. Gurley is the best talent since Peterson and will almost certainly go in the first round if he's cleared medically. Daniel Jeremiah put it best in his podcast recently. If you have a stud RB talent and so-so talent at other positions you take the RB. That's going to be the case as the bottom half of round one shakes out. 

I slightly disagree, I don't think someone will take a first round chance on him.  Problem with Gurley is hes coming off a season ending injury.  Believe me, I love me some Gurley but if hes a first round pick he will be picked after us, not before us.  

dawg is exactly right... it's bpa at 25 no matter what position, well, with a couple of exceptions...

Yep, and that includes Gurley. Give me Gurley any day over an OT like Ty Sambrailo or a WR outside of the top three guys. 

I am not gonna lie, I am thinking that if DGB convinces the guys that matter that he has learned his lesson and is a changed man, I am thinking that he will be our pick. Of course it's all predicated upon him having a good combine. I think that all the sure tackles will be gone, and although I would love to have Gurley and believe that he will be a game -changer in the NFL, I don't believe that his talent will trump DGB's. I am thinking that It will come down to DGB's interviews.

no_michael_bluth.gifSolid explanation. It really shows off your intelligence levels.

Anyways, Gordon will get picked up by the Cardinals or Chargers or some other team before us unless he bombs at the combine. And if your post was in reference to me saying he's better then Gurley (really, you should only post reaction gifs when it's more obvious what your reacting too) then you obviously have never seen Gordon who is basically a speed and power back hybrid. He'll become a Jamal Charles type.

I'm not saying he's the best pick or who we should pick, but he's definitely worth looking into and I would be happy if we took him because we saw how successful our offense was when Stewart was running so having a guy like Gordon in case Stewart goes down or starts to struggle would be great.

PS - Here's the definition for hybrid -- (A thing made by combining two different elements; mixture)

I think we will look to replace (and yes, on paper, it makes sense to cut him) Tolbert.  Varga from Yale in the late rounds would be a great fit here. 

My youngest son, when he was about 5, said, "I don't know why anyone would buy a cat.  All you have to do is put a bowl of food on the porch and one shows up."

I see an undrafted free agent competition here.  The draft is deep at RB, so one will fall to us after the draft.

I have read chat about us going after one in free agency.  Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Solid explanation. It really shows off your intelligence levels.

Anyways, Gordon will get picked up by the Cardinals or Chargers or some other team before us unless he bombs at the combine. And if your post was in reference to me saying he's better then Gurley (really, you should only post reaction gifs when it's more obvious what your reacting too) then you obviously have never seen Gordon who is basically a speed and power back hybrid. He'll become a Jamal Charles type.

I'm not saying he's the best pick or who we should pick, but he's definitely worth looking into and I would be happy if we took him because we saw how successful our offense was when Stewart was running so having a guy like Gordon in case Stewart goes down or starts to struggle would be great.

PS - Here's the definition for hybrid -- (A thing made by combining two different elements; mixture)

Gordon won't be picked in the first round, and I don't think hes better than Gurley.  He'll become a Jamal Charles type?  Whew, you are reaching, and yeah I have seen him numerous times.  I think Jamal Charles would dominate most competition, but Gordon couldn't dominate Ohio fuging State?  Okay, sir.  OKAY.  Better yet, get over 100 yards vs OHIO fuging STATE?  OHHHHHHHHHHHH K.  

Archived