• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB Considered "Best WR to Come Out since Calvin Johnson."

nctarheel0619

Uhhhh, who gives a poo?

I reiterate... Wow! He kept his nose clean for one year?! Damn. He must have fixed his ways then!!! Yes, let's draft the kid who has made Blackmon and D. Rogers appear tamed.

Hitler hasn't killed any Jews in 50+ years. Let's pardon him too.

Did you just compare one of the worst tragedies in world history to a damn football player?  Good God, you have got to be kidding me.  

fiddy.gif

Uhhhh, who gives a poo?

I reiterate... Wow! He kept his nose clean for one year?! Damn. He must have fixed his ways then!!! Yes, let's draft the kid who has made Blackmon and D. Rogers appear tamed.

I mean, I admit DGB has some things to work on, but... Hitler?

Uhhhh, who gives a poo?

wut. We're picking 25 not 1 overall. We can gamble a little. I trust my GM.

Would you rather bring in a veteran 2nd/3rd tier WR or have DGB locked up for the next 4-5 seasons for less $ per season?

There are 11 other FA LT's that are better than Byron Bell. I'm certain the need at LT can be filled by a FA signing. 

I'm on the side that wants to draft DGB

He was on the practice squad for a year in NORMAN, Oklahoma.  Have you ever been there?  I graduated from there, believe me there's not much to do but get in trouble and get well ya know, fuged up.  

just curious why are you NCtarheel then?

I've been one of Greg Hardy's biggest defenders on the Huddle. Keep that in mind when I write the following:

I wouldn't use anything above a 6th rounder on DGB. He is a shitty human being that will absolutely flame out quickly. Don't compare him to Josh Gordon. Compare him to Maurice Clarett. There is an 80-90% chance of this happening. If you say "well don't draft him in the 1st, but definitely draft him in the 2nd!!!!" you are an idiot. 2nd round picks are very valuable, you don't just piss them away.

JR wasn't crying over domestic violence because people hurt his sensitivities about blowing money on Hardy, he was whining because people hurt his feelings over questioning his ethics---his sense of morality.

Like I said in another thread, this sense that we can't gamble on DGB in the first because it's going to mortally hurt the franchise is just overblown in this world of the present CBA. Between the fact that we can in fact rebound fairly quickly from the worst case scenario, as well as have a GM who is a pretty damned good evaluator mitigates any long term malaise from missing on a pick---even a first round pick.

Lastly, in light of the above, if your primary reason for passing up DGB is morally based, or based on some trumped up bullshit that he is not worth the gamble in the first, but that he is worth the gamble in the second, then you would be foolish to pass on him In the first, because historically there isn't that much difference between the first and the second from a value-production standpoint (look it up if you don't believe me).

I've been one of Greg Hardy's biggest defenders on the Huddle. Keep that in mind when I write the following:

I wouldn't use anything above a 6th rounder on DGB. He is a shitty human being that will absolutely flame out quickly. Don't compare him to Josh Gordon. Compare him to Maurice Clarett. There is an 80-90% chance of this happening. If you say "well don't draft him in the 1st, but definitely draft him in the 2nd!!!!" you are an idiot. 2nd round picks are very valuable, you don't just piss them away.

What makes him a shitty human being if I might ask?

Archived