• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

Losing your mother is a terrible thing and I don't know DeAngelo Williams personally, so I'm would not dare assume that he would do something as terrible as lie about it for his own gain. Regardless, context is everything and the timing of this from him is disappointing and exploitative towards the fans and this franchise.

I feel for his loss. I can't respect how he brought it up on his way out the door like a scorned lover instead of mentioning it at any point during the nine illustrious years he had with the franchise, including public moments the franchise specifically dedicated to his mother. It hurts as a fan because I thought he was better than that.

Some of you people are the fuging worst. You sound like a buch of whiny bitches everytime someone airs the Fo's dirty laundry. Blah, blah, blah, JR is the greatest. This organization can do no wrong. And, it seems some don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. The way they dealt with it was foul. Point-blank, period.

Deangelo should be calling out Stewart, Tolbert, Cam, Steve Smith, Thomas Davis, his offensive line and every other player not named Greg Hardy for not showing up at the funeral either, but he won't, because it's easier to score points with simple minded people by just pointing to the big bad billionaire owner for not showing up instead.

My wife lost her mom to cancer two years ago. Her company gave her ample time off and sent flowers. That was more than we expected. 

I guess its about expectations, and apparently Deangelo had his too high. 

i've refrained from posting in this thread because i'm sure DeAngelo was reading it. now that it's cooled off a bit;

what i've quoted are my thoughts. I would be more concerned with the death of my mother and my family members well-being than what coworkers and bosses around me were doing. And that is why it is petty to come out and say this. It tarnishes all the good he has done for breast cancer awareness in the NFL to a degree.

Dlo is not a dumb guy. I think he's gonna regret this eventually.

Deangelo should be calling out Stewart, Tolbert, Cam, Steve Smith, Thomas Davis, his offensive line and every other player not named Greg Hardy for not showing up at the funeral either, but he won't, because it's easier to score points with simple minded people by just pointing to the big bad billionaire owner for not showing up instead.

I'm not a Jerrah blind follower by any stretch of the imagination but I do not hold him accountable or at fault over this in the slightest.

It's a tough situation. I think Deangelo is definitely coming across as a bit of a diva. Where I'm from if your grandparent or parent dies your friends are going to show up to the funeral to support you. So maybe Deangelo wasn't that well liked? If a close family member of mine died I wouldn't expect my coworkers to show up anyways unless I was really good friends with some of them. I really think this says more about Deangelo than it says about the rest of the team.

also interesting that jstew wasn't there but made it to clausen's wedding.

this is some tmz poo though

You plan for weddings. Weddings are enjoyable.

Funerals for teammate family members happening out of town during the off season are not something anyone is going to flock to. I'm not sure how that is TMZ material as much as basic human behavior.

Can't take it no more. Why does Deangalo have to be lying? Everybody comes flying in to give their opinion on the matter. Like the Panthers need you to defend them about what was said about the the great d. gettleman and ole richardson. Face it, the Panthers are not perfect and we where not there(funeral&conversation about the release).

It's a damn shame the organization didn't support one of the best players in panther history in his time of need. Well the organization has been put on blast and moving forward i bet it doesn't happen again ie.Charles Johnson.

You plan for weddings. Weddings are enjoyable.

Funerals for teammate family members happening out of town during the off season are not something anyone is going to flock to. I'm not sure how that is TMZ material as much as basic human behavior.

oh i understand. jstew and dlo were suppose to be tight.

i just meant my comment was some tmz poo.

oh i understand. jstew and dlo were suppose to be tight.

i just meant my comment was some tmz poo.

I've never been to or been expected to go to the funeral of a friend's family member. I would never ever want to. If I was specifically close to the person who died than sure.  

How many people here would go to a coworker's mother's funeral. Even a coworker you were close to?

Can't take it no more. Why does Deangalo have to be lying? Everybody comes flying in to give their opinion on the matter. Like the Panthers need you to defend them about what was said about the the great d. gettleman and ole richardson. Face it, the Panthers are not perfect and we where not there(funeral&conversation about the release).

It's a damn shame the organization didn't support one of the best players in panther history in his time of need. Well the organization has been put on blast and moving forward i bet it doesn't happen again ie.Charles Johnson.

They went to CJ's grandmothers funeral, and during the whole Deangelo Twitter exchange yesterday CJ tweeted the Kermit it's none of my business meme. I think CJ is perfectly happy with the organization and how they handled the passing of his grandmother.

For those who haven't had to bury their parent(s). My mom passed on a Wednesday. And we had the funeral on Sunday. We literally had 48 hours after passing to notify CMC where to bring my mother.

If its the off-season and players and owners arent around. It might be hard to get on a plane and be at a funeral within 48 hours of being notified of where and when.

I haven't watched the interview and I honestly don't really care to. You shouldn't expect an employer to really do much now a days. The panther organization has 60+ players, a coaching staff and then staff in the office and stadium. I bet you that none of them expect Jerry Richardson to come to a funeral.

Deangelo should in a way feel good and feel lucky in a way that he is in a situation where he could take care of his mother financially. If not he could switch with me and bury his mom at 25 and with no life insurance and have the burden of taking over that.

sorry to hear that bro

Archived