• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

I feel bad for him. Obviously he feels wronged.

Seems like better communication during the season would have helped

I'm glad you were able to get the truth out. Thank you. Hopefully this will be a lesson to others to put themselves in others shoes first before showing their ass.

I wonder what what he did to make them not want to bend over backwards like they do for others.

I'm going to get killed for saying this and everyone is going to claim I am anti-richardson, but Jerry has his inner circle. He treats certain players better then other player. He has double standards for certain players. If you are not invited to that lake house of his, then you aren't as much of a priority as the ones who are. 

My wife and I often fight over the issue of me not being sensitive to her feelings. If I am mad or upset or feel like she isn't "being there" for me, she knows it immediately.

If I am "not there" for her emotionally for something, I don't hear about it until some time much later. She keeps it up her sleeve until a later time like an immunity idol in survivor or a 99 lives contra code. I tell her she needs to let me know immediately so I can try and make up for the error and be there for her, not save it until she's mad at me for something else.

Seems like if Big Cat didn't reach out to him it is uncharacteristic and probably not out of malice, but was a mistake just the same. That being said, Deangelo should have gone into his office and told him that his lack of empathy was hurtful.

As is so often the case, it seems like better communication on all sides could have prevented any of today's bitterness.

I get the feeling that where this went wrong is in perhaps DWill feeling JR should've known about it but he didn't, and therefore he didn't act accordingly.

With the olsen and CJ instances, it's, the situations were big enough that word made its way to JR and then he acted... Like enough people knew or were talking about it, or the player himself made JR aware of what they were going through.

It seems like that's what this situation is missing.

It sucks for DWill and I wish him nothing but the best, he was an awesome player for us for many years.

Yep, he called Ron. Dave called him. Jerry did nothing. And no one came to the funeral.

So JR dropped the ball, and D-Lo is bringing it up now because he's mad. Bad timing on his part, but the FO did indeed not do enough.

Let's move on to the next offseason topic.

I wouldn't say he's bringing it up now because he's mad. This was his exit interview. A lot of players have them at the end of their career or after changing teams. He opened up his heart and feelings. He let it all out and this was just one of those things that was let out.

I'm going to get killed for saying this and everyone is going to claim I am anti-richardson, but Jerry has his inner circle. He treats certain players better then other player. He has double standards for certain players. If you are not invited to that lake house of his, then you aren't as much of a priority as the ones who are. 

I'm not surprised. I think that is the case in most businesses. 

You don't think players "manage" their image? What he is doing is nothing new in business.

yeah i know, and we all have our own level of narcissism… and i didn't mind it before i found out everything else. like with anyone, quirks can quickly be magnified into major flashpoints of annoyance when you don't like them for another reason.

Maybe he treats people who he likes like friends better than people who he isnt as close to because that is how humans generally interact.

Bell wasn't an overpaid top dollar player....he won't say anything negative

From what i have read,Bell is taking the high road about his release. He said he enjoyed his four years here and would have liked to had more, but,"It is what it is".  Said, he would move on and see what the Lord had in store for him. Can't get much more classey than that.

Archived