• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Greg Hardy won't be reinstated because he hasn't been disciplined yet

Montsta

In the forever judgmental eyes of Panther fans, just what was he supposed to do for those 6 months or so, while getting paid and while listening to team basically tell him he's persona non grata?

He's a 25 year old kid with $13M in his bank. It wouldn't matter what he did; somewhere, someone is going to be critical.

You can't have both sides of the argument.

Oh good, that's the kind of place I want to live and work. Where being guilty "under the law" really doesn't matter nearly as much as someone's arbitrary definition.

Sorry if I find it just a little arrogant and self-important when a guilty, not guilty or other final disposition in a court of law has little to no impact on your future but some pompous ass in his ivory tower can dole out more punishment than a judge.

So your employer can't discipline you for actions unless you are found guilty in a court of law.....which is essentially your arguement.

That is disproven everyday, in every profession

Hardy isn't the same. Ray Rice was punished. NFL tried to do it twice. Hardy never had the initial punishment

Yes you are right, they are different. Ray Rice admitted what he did, and he was on camera plain as day doing so.

Hardy on the other hand never admitted he did anything wrong, any evidence of him doing so was limited to he said she said, and his case was dismissed. Yet even with those clear differences, Rice was still able to stick it to the NFL. Don't be surprised if Hardy does too.

Based on how the dozens of lawyers who commented on the case explained how NC law makes a guilty verdict in the bench trial basically guaranteed to happen, I'd say that the outcome of that trial doesn't say anything at all about the evidence. Holder was the only "evidence" in the bench trial. If there was other actual evidence, the prosecution would've continued with the trial without her.

In a court of law yes.....but, it is very likely that enough is there for a conduct detrimental suspension by the NFL.

Remember....beign found guilty of a crime is NOT required for a suspension as defined under the NFL CBA.

No I'm looking at it from a facts standpoint. The NFL has shown that it doesn't use facts as a basis for punishment, and that it makes things up as it goes, so yes there will likely be punishment. I'm saying that it's not right or fair. 

you are looking at it from the "facts" standpoint?

Son, none of us even know what the facts are.

Geesh

The judge should have excused herself. read her bio.

http://www.judgetin.com/Tin_for_Judge/Bio.html

EDUCATION

1. Harvard Law School

Doctor of Law (J.D.) • Graduated magna cum laude

• Co-chair of Harvard's Battered Women's Advocacy Project

Pleas tell me how that is not from a biased judge. The prosecutors knew who they wanted for that sham and did their best to steer the trail to her. Dirty politics all the way.

I am not arguing that she should not have recused herself from the trial....hell, I even made the arguement that she should have when her verdict came down.

I am not arguing that her verdict was correct.

I am not arguing that Hardy is guilty.

I am commenting that based on the vagueness of the "conduct detrimental" wording, the NFL's past history on suspensions without legal charges, the high profile nature of this, and then the fact that a monetary settlement was reached and the witness decided to disappear and not proceed; there is LIKELY enough for the NFL to suspend him under the CBA.  How much that suspension will be?  I doubt it will be 6 games (as that will likely be challeneged and be a mess).  More than likely I think it will be 2-4 games.

Yes you are right, they are different. Ray Rice admitted what he did, and he was on camera plain as day doing so.

Hardy on the other hand never admitted he did anything wrong, any evidence of him doing so was limited to he said she said, and his case was dismissed. Yet even with those clear differences, Rice was still able to stick it to the NFL. Don't be surprised if Hardy does too.

Admission of guilt has nothing to do with what we are talking about....

NFL doesn't need that

Admission of guilt has nothing to do with what we are talking about....

NFL doesn't need that

The NFL can do whatever they want, as we have clearly seen. Lately though they've been looking rather foolish.

As far as what Hardy was doing with his time off, if he wasn't breaking the law, I really don't care.

I wasn't happy about paying him all that money for one game either, he is clearly responsible for most of that, he needs to make better decisions, like now. But our ownership decided to put the NFL ahead of the franchise, crocodile tears don't change that.

Lol hasn't been punished you kidding me

When was he "punished"?

Something taken away from him? Money, Time, etc... Paid Leave is not punishment! Never is, even for football player that subject there bodies to that level of abuse. Football players do it for the money, well Hardy got the money, avoided a dreaded "tag" injury, and gets to sign a 100mil contract somewhere! He totally undermined the NFL franchise tag integrity.... Don't think for one second the NFL hasn't got their sights set on making Hardy's life miserable for awhile.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them alter their rules to state that contracts are postponed during "exempt" time. Meaning he would still owe us 14 games

The NFL can do whatever they want, as we have clearly seen. Lately though they've been looking rather foolish.

As far as what Hardy was doing with his time off, if he wasn't breaking the law, I really don't care.

I wasn't happy about paying him all that money for one game either, he is clearly responsible for most of that, he needs to make better decisions, like now. But our ownership decided to put the NFL ahead of the franchise, crocodile tears don't change that.

Exactly how did our ownership do this in this situation?

I now understand and agree with the party who say he wasnt punished.

What matters is what the nfl sees as punishment. Its fines and suspensions.

Also, he doesnt gotta be found guilty in court for an employer to punish hhim. What is he being punished for? ..

Thats what they are doing the private investigation for. They will find something.. even if its straight bullsshit they will suspend him for it.

Archived