• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Final Decision On Hardy : No Thanks

Jeremy Igo

Because we don't throw huge money at time bombs that will likely be suspended for part of the year?

Funny, but I recall the team that won a championship just two years ago shipping a talented headache player to the Jets for pretty much nothing.  And yet somehow they amazingly made it back to the championship.

I would hardly call Hardy a time bomb.  How many times has he been suspended? Even if he is this time, it's more about acquiescing to societal demands than anything else. All you're doing is just regurgitating the verbiage of Gettleman in a clever attempt to make a weak apples and oranges comparison.  I see that you strategically called Harvin a "headache player" as opposed to a "time bomb".  There was really nothing amazing about them making it back to a championship after they traded Harvin, because they effectively made it to the championship without Harvin the preceding season.

• Pie 1

All I want to know is does this mean there's a moratorium on Hardy threads now?

I hope so at some point. I hope we don't get the weekly updates like we did for Beason or Smitty with a bunch of people either pouting or gloating.

I am really not that upset about it. I would rather spend the money on Cam and Luke. But it is also frustrating to draft a guy, develop him, and make him a star so someone else can reap the benefits just as he is entering his prime.

All I want to know is does this mean there's a moratorium on Hardy threads now?

No. The Hardy-Carolina conundrum will die a slow death---in the Huddle, and especially in Panthers history.

To me, it's actually quite befitting considering all of the viable debate, and, arguably, mismanagement or mishandling of the situation on so many levels that it speaks to.  

I love that people use the Seahawks Percy Harvin example (who I think maybe only played the first half of the first game and Super Bowl that year) as an example.

But what about the two rings the Ravens have and the statue of the guy accused of MURDER outside their stadium?

I love that people use the Seahawks Percy Harvin example (who I think maybe only played the first half of the first game and Super Bowl that year) as an example.

But what about the two rings the Ravens have and the statue of the guy accused of MURDER outside their stadium?

And there is so much more evidence against Lewis than there is hardy. The crime is so much worse for Lewis too. Literally the only difference is that for hardy the supposed victim is a women

Well this gives me the sads but I gave up hope maybe two months back anyway so oh well.

plus didn't we already know it would be tough keeping both hardy and cj like before the season began...godda sign luke and cam...just doesn't seem to be money here for him anyways... unless the gettlemagic appears...but we'll never know.

And that's why I scoff at people who try and belittle others who make a valid argument as to why our FO will fall on the sword to support the shield to the detriment of the team and support of its players.  These are the same people who try and say that dismissing Dorial Green-Beckham out of hand is all about business, with no regards to the importance of the moral component in the minds of our front office, and how  those types of decisions can in fact have real consequences towards---and actually be the difference between---winning and losing (which is the bottom line---the business---of any NFL franchise).

Edited by top dawg

But you just said the Panthers wouldn't come out and say it, so one of those isnt correct. Although I do believe it to be true.

Basically, it's not official until the Panthers FO comes out and publicly says he won't be back.  Anything else is officially speculation until then.  

I still don't get why people think that breaking news that everyone already expects will happen anyway is indicative of good journalism in this day and time of the Internet and social media. It's almost like a who-has-the-biggest-penis contest, which is not indicative of good love making.