• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn Jr agrees to 2 year deal with Panthers

jamos14

Not to be that guy, and I a happy Ginn is back, but does anybody remember that it was Ginn who fumbled kickoff/ punt return that I think lead to a Panther's TD in the playoffs?

He knew what he was doing... Did you know his father's middle name is Nostradamus?

Funny you say that...

"When I walked off the field and Melvin (White) – one of my good friends – hit me and made me fumble, I knew right then and there that it was a possibility I would be playing in Bank of America Stadium again," Ginn said with a smile. "I just tried to put a return (in the Panthers') ear. If we get an opportunity, let's reunite."

Source:  http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Ginn-returns-to-Carolina/297b69eb-58d3-48f9-ac28-db56789bde8e

After experiencing a shaky quarterback situation in Arizona, I think the similar circumstances in Cleveland ultimately lead him back to Carolina. He had his best season in years playing with Cam. At the end day, money is important, but guys want to compete too.

that is obviously the case for ginn right now with him signing.

i just thought he would want to wrap up his career with his hometown team and best friend. glad he decided otherwise.

this maybe also says something about the "gettleman burns bridges and players/agents hate him and won't let their clients talk to the panthers" rhetoric you see out of some posters on this site

When have facts or logic ever mattered to those posters?

Funny you say that...

"When I walked off the field and Melvin (White) – one of my good friends – hit me and made me fumble, I knew right then and there that it was a possibility I would be playing in Bank of America Stadium again," Ginn said with a smile. "I just tried to put a return (in the Panthers') ear. If we get an opportunity, let's reunite."

Source:  http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Ginn-returns-to-Carolina/297b69eb-58d3-48f9-ac28-db56789bde8e

lol if I was a Cardinals fan right now...

I believe he fumbled in that playoff game on purpose for us last year. He wanted to come back.

That might actually be the case. This is from the article on the signing from Panthers.com:

Funny you say that...

Source: http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Ginn-returns-to-Carolina/297b69eb-58d3-48f9-ac28-db56789bde8e

That is hilarious.

Thanks for the early homecoming gift to yourself, Ted!

Big upgrade at a position of need.  Glad he is back.  Hopefully, Shula gets him more involved in the offense too.  I like the possibilities he brings to the running game.  Would much rather see Ginn on the end around vs. Cotchery. 

Mostly looking forward to not having that 'sinking feeling' every time our punt return team takes the field. 

Big upgrade at a position of need.  Glad he is back.  Hopefully, Shula gets him more involved in the offense too.  I like the possibilities he brings to the running game.  Would much rather see Ginn on the end around vs. Cotchery. 

Mostly looking forward to not having that 'sinking feeling' every time our punt return team takes the field. 

Cotchery on an end around... good lord.  I'm surprised it didn't work simply due to the defense being too crippled by laughter to actually make a play.

Broken down further:

@RavensInsider

Ted Ginn two-year Panthers deal $4.2 million, salaries $900,000, $1.4 million; $1.7M signing bonus, up to $750,000 in incentives each year

Of course those numbers don't quite add to $4.2m, so the incentives may not be wholly viewed as "likely," or there is some other wrinkle we don't know yet. Without the incentives the cap hits are $1.75m in 2015 and $2.25m, but I'm guessing the missing $200k comes in the form of workout bonuses or something else easily attainable. The remaining $1.3m in incentives may be considered "unlikely" and thus will only affect the cap the year after they are incurred, should that happen.

All that to say, I'm guessing the yearly hits are...

2015: $1.85m

2016: $2.35m

Archived