• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boykin to Visit per Rapoport

NYPantherFan

Jesus everyone..

Its a visit and I would like to have him here, but I'm not selling or saying hes going to be our #2 and save the franchise but damn y'all are acting like he's straight garbage.

For those saying 2013 was a fluke and its because of the system. Would that have stopped you for getting excited for Cobb this year? How about when people on here wanted Greg Jennings a few years ago?

I'm for one excited to bring in young players that are hungry to earn a starting spot. Low risk high reward. Worse case we cut him during preseason; if we sign him would it stop us signing someone else? Probably not. He came from VT which is known for special teams. Everyone on here complained and bitched about talent and people blocking on that side of the ball. Guess what he can do.

Well you keep that mindstate and see how much it helps...

People keep clowning the Niners and Colts for surrounding their qbs with talent, saying, "well look how well it worked for them."

Yeah, let's do. How many championship games have we played in the last three years? How many have they?

Exactly.

The reason our ass got booted out of the playoffs the last two seasons was because they signed and drafted offensive talent, while we signed and drafted "young hungry guys who are eager to start," who usually lacked talent.

The reason we lost to San Francisco and Seattle was because we had no offense. There was no one to spread the field. We have no speed or separation. They did.

Young, hungry guys that come dirt cheap may pan out for you 1 out of 100 times, but 99 times their dropping passes and muffing punts.

Gettleman doesn't get a pass for me because the cap isn't ideal. What other GM in the NFL publicly complains about their capspace? Stop making excuses and do your job. That cap poo is his built in excuse while he learns how to be a GM. So what if we have $60 million in caproom if we're the Raiders

Ace just let it play out brother..

If Boykin is a replacement for Crotchety and Bersin than I'm ok..

If he is the number 2 come regular season than I'm right there with you..

Gettleman doesn't get a pass for me because the cap isn't ideal. What other GM in the NFL publicly complains about their capspace? Stop making excuses and do your job. That cap poo is his built in excuse while he learns how to be a GM. So what if we have $60 million in caproom if we're the Raiders

Well, he is clearing cap and putting in position to sign free agents in the future WHILE fielding a competitive team.

You listed some key players that are Hurney guys, but what about the trash Gman had to weed out? Who is the guy who gave two running backs mega deals? Who is the guy that gave CJ a contract in which he has a $20 mil cap hit this season? 

Gettleman has been crystal clear in his plan. He has told everyone we are in no position to spend money and he's right. 

How is not having money "just an excuse"? Look at the Saints. They went on a spending spree and poo the bed and are now selling off everyone. 

Jesus everyone..

Its a visit and I would like to have him here, but I'm not selling or saying hes going to be our #2 and save the franchise but damn y'all are acting like he's straight garbage.

For those saying 2013 was a fluke and its because of the system. Would that have stopped you for getting excited for Cobb this year? How about when people on here wanted Greg Jennings a few years ago?

I'm for one excited to bring in young players that are hungry to earn a starting spot. Low risk high reward. Worse case we cut him during preseason; if we sign him would it stop us signing someone else? Probably not. He came from VT which is known for special teams. Everyone on here complained and bitched about talent and people blocking on that side of the ball. Guess what he can do.

"Boykin had almost 700 yards two years ago, he's one step away from being all-univerzze!"

"oh yaaah, I would love to sign cotchery! Dude had 10 tds last year herp derp! "

Notice the complete absence of the role, system played in, and immensely better talent around those players with their prior team being mentioned.

Notice what I said earlier. He isn't going to come in (although that would be nice) and light up and have 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs and the triple crown. IF we sign him, he would be good depth in ST that can do both sides, block well in the WR role (which KB, Brown, and Bersin all suck ass at doing at a consistent level) he can play the slot and be a red zone target if need be. He would be an upgrade easily of Cotch and Bersin (both of which probably would get paid more combined than he would by himself) for the same role.

I know Ace but money and Hurney isn't a excuse anymore. .

Let's just sit back and let the plan play out.. This draft is full of day one starters at WR and Gettlemen has made his name so far drafting. .

Hurney is always going to be Gettleman's excuse. How many times do we have to hear "cap challenged" in his pressers? That's what rubs me the wrong way. Just do your job and stop making excuses. Gettleman actually walked into a pretty talented core of guys. He had a chance to build around Cam, he double dipped on DTs. He sent Nicks to Indy, who would have been a lot more productive here because he would have had an increased role. He got rid of Steve Smith a year early, and yes he is one of the reasons Gross decided to retire. We took a major step back last year and had no business being in the playoffs. We didn't just lose games last year, half the season we weren't even competitive

Do huh? My bad, forgot how sought after he was when fired from the Panthers

the division sucked last year, it's true

thankfully the panthers were buoyed by the contributions of mike remmers, trai turner, andrew norwell, kelvin benjamin, tre boston, bene benewikere, and kony ealy.  all of whom were either signed or drafted by king dipshit dave gettledouche who ruined the panthers and can't run a football team

I don't know why I even try. :lol:

Our fanbase is so damn insecure, hateful and moronic.

Please don't try. Posts like this is worse than complaining posts. Homers and head in the sand users are just as bad on an extreme side of things.

Name ONE draft where Hurney produced 5 starters. Do it. 

But Gettleman has "destroyed this team".

Right.

His two drafts here has produced Star, KK, Klein, KB, Trai, Tre, Bene...plus Kony and a few undrafted guys who are starting.

In two drafts he has brought in that many impact players. Who are on much cheaper contracts than all these free agents you guys want.

Well, he is clearing cap and putting in position to sign free agents in the future WHILE fielding a competitive team.

You listed some key players that are Hurney guys, but what about the trash Gman had to weed out? Who is the guy who gave two running backs mega deals? Who is the guy that gave CJ a contract in which he has a $20 mil cap hit this season?

Gettleman has been crystal clear in his plan. He has told everyone we are in no position to spend money and he's right.

How is not having money "just an excuse"? Look at the Saints. They went on a spending spree and poo the bed and are now selling off everyone.

Having cap space does not equal wins or even free agents. Nobody's knocking down the door to play for the Panthers no matter how much cap we had and Gettleman is a big part of that. I told you guys the way he handled the Steve Smith drama will have an affect on our ability to sign free agents.

Archived