• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Gettleman is a GM... and you aren't.

Jeremy Igo

I've said this bdeore in another thread but uh

- Your franchise QB was playing hurt most of the season.

- Your oline din't have any real set pieces and gelled until the last 5 weeks. Same for your DBs.

- One of your starting pass rushers was playing hurt most of the season, the other was suspended for all but one game

- Your starting HB was hurt and didn't get healthy until late, and even before that he was running behind aforementioned terrible O-line.

We have weaknesses, yes, and we're going to adress them. You seem to think that Gettleman is ignoring them for funsies because he's not breaking the bank on these top flight WRs and is waiting for the market to cool down a bit...you know...like Most GMs Do.

You make solid, fair points that I don't necessarily D/A with - but they are not relevant to the WR discussion we are having. Panthers WR corp is trash, not helping the franchise QB in any way, and it seems like they are cool with it. 

Panthers have needs aside from the WR corp but I'm shocked on how it's neglected here. 

People made this same argument about Marty Hurney until the day he was fired (and beyond, in some extreme cases)

Just because the guy is an employee of the NFL doesnt mean he isnt prone to outdated notions or other mistakes.

Do I think Gettleman is a good GM? Yes. Do I think he is prone to legitimate failings that we are free to discuss? Yes.

Probably yeah. He can block, run routes and he's made tough catches, not to mention he can help onspecial teams. Not to mention he's improved a lot both years he's shown up to training camp. There's no reason to think he can't get better.

He's easily better than some other players with had here that the Huddle loved. Namely Seryi Aroujitutu and Legatron. People loved those signings and they're complete trash.

You do know that teams are made out of more than just superstars right? You need role players.

But here's my question for you: Why would you not sign a player to at least be a camp body if he's shown promise each of his two years there, knows the system, and produced okay when called upon?

No f'n way.. Please stop pumping up bad players. M

No f'n way.. Please stop pumping up bad players. M

Pumping him up to what? Be a guy who's a solid Third or Fourth WR?  

This isn't like years past where we thought Kenny Moore would be the Next Great Thing across from steve smith based off of similar production. We're saying "Hey this is a guy who knows what we do fits in our system and is cheap."

Why are you guys so against that

Pumping him up to what? Be a guy who's a solid Third or Fourth WR?

This isn't like years past where we thought Kenny Moore would be the Next Great Thing across from steve smith based off of similar production. We're saying "Hey this is a guy who knows what we do fits in our system and is cheap."

Why are you guys so against that

Bersin is not a solid f'n 3rd or 4th wr.. He is barley a 5th WR. . He would be on no other playoff team last year. .

He is the Armanti Edwards of the huddle now..

I pray Gettlemen comes thru with his promise to give Cam more weapons.. So we can cut him and Cotchery. .

When's the last time we've been close to winning the SB?

We made the playoffs the last two years in a row, and in both cases made it to the second round.

That puts us within two games of the Super Bowl and ahead of 24 other teams in back to back seasons.

Bersin is not a solid f'n 3rd or 4th wr.. He is barley a 5th WR. . He would be on no other playoff team last year. .

He is the Armanti Edwards of the huddle now..

I pray Gettlemen comes thru with his promise to give Cam more weapons.. So we can cut him and Cotchery. .

since we have done it before we can do it again.It's good to be King and it is better to be friends with the King. Let him have his days.

Archived