• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Gettleman is a GM... and you aren't.

Jeremy Igo

Based off of what? What did he do that showed that he doesn't have the talent to play on an NFL team.

He made some particularly reliable catches for us last season. There's no reason not to keep him unless he regresses.

He's done a lot more than Edwards has ever done for us.

But i mean if you're 100% sure he wouldn't be on any other layoff team please, tell me how and why hes worse than other 4th string WRs on other playoff teams. I can name one 4th string WR who's probably better than him yet this is the same guy you guys are bitching and moaning about us bringing in for a visit.

Go down the roster of each playoff team and tell me who else has him as their number 4 wr??

Your not going to win poo either if you throw out $$$$ for a so so #2 guys and can't afford to Lock up up your Franchise QB and Star Defensive player coming up.

I'd take Cam throwing to KB, Olsen, and a Draft pick (Strong, Smith, Greene, Perriman), over Brian Hoyer throwing to KB, Olsen, and Cobb any day of the week.

You aren't going to win poo throwing the ball to Brendon Bersin or Jarrett Boykin. 

Nobody here is saying Brenton Bersn is the future. Nobody here is saying he's even great.

But you guys are mad for retaining one of our guys when all it means is he's goign to be going to TC.

Cam has been in the league 5 years and the talent around him has declined every year. No excuse for that

Bersin is not a solid f'n 3rd or 4th wr.. He is barley a 5th WR. . He would be on no other playoff team last year

You just contradicted yourself. Why wouldn't a 5th WR be on another roster? Do other teams not carry 5 receivers?

He's no starter. But let's not pretend he wouldn't make the bottom of many rosters.

Nobody here is saying Brenton Bersn is the future. Nobody here is saying he's even great.

But you guys are mad for retaining one of our guys when all it means is he's goign to be going to TC.

No home boy I quoted you because you were trying to explain to people why he is a solid fit for the team..

I don't think he is and I hope Gettlemen bring in more talented players to get him off the roster. .

Cam has been in the league 5 years and the talent around him has declined every year. No excuse for that

Nobody's saying we should improve the roster.

But all we're saying is there's no reason to go out the first few days and burn $$$ on the first few days of Free Agency.

Let the market cool off first.

People made this same argument about Marty Hurney until the day he was fired (and beyond, in some extreme cases)

Just because the guy is an employee of the NFL doesnt mean he isnt prone to outdated notions or other mistakes.

Do I think Gettleman is a good GM? Yes. Do I think he is prone to legitimate failings that we are free to discuss? Yes.

Except you don't discuss them you just throw temper tantrums

No home boy I quoted you because you were trying to explain to people why he is a solid fit for the team..

I don't think he is and I hope Gettlemen bring in more talented players to get him off the roster. .

No, i explained why he's a solid signing to bring back at least for training camp.

I never said he couldn't be upgraded, but I don't exactly understand why he's so abysmal that he can't at least be bought back to training camp.

You just contradicted yourself. Why wouldn't a 5th WR be on another roster? Do other teams not carry 5 receivers?

He's no starter. But let's not pretend he wouldn't make the bottom of many rosters.

I said he was barely a 5th WR and after remember his faults on special teams I'm strongly considering changing my opinion on that..

Nobody's saying we should improve the roster.

But all we're saying is there's no reason to go out the first few days and burn $$$ on the first few days of Free Agency.

Let the market cool off first.

It's the same every year. I'm not expecting anymore solid contributions before the draft. I'll tell you exactly how the rest of the offseason will play out. We'll sign a few more guys that the "company men" will proclaim as saviors and the love fest will begin. Most of those same guys won't be on the roster by the end of the year. Different year same story.

No, i explained why he's a solid signing to bring back at least for training camp.

I never said he couldn't be upgraded, but I don't exactly understand why he's so abysmal that he can't at least be bought back to training camp.

Bring him back to Tc I never said not to..

I just hope Dave follows thru on his plan to make sure he doesn't make it out of TC.

Archived