• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Raiders in discussions with Greg Hardy

Kevin Greene

Jordan Schultz @ Schultz_Report

4h

Greg Hardy clearly comes w/baggage, but may be worth noting

the presence of Charles Woodson, Justin Tuck, even Carr. Lots

of support in OAK

Yeah the presence of the Walter Payton Man of The Year didn't mean jack poo so.....

Hardy beats to his own drum, it doesn't matter what type of locker room presence that your team has.

A blind squirrel could have told you the Raiders were going to have interest in Hardy.

Let's see...

Team has a bunch of cap space and no standards regarding player behavior.... let's put two and and two together and see what we get.

So the same applies for this PFT article right? So what was the point of this thread if we already knew this? He reported that they were 60-40 on a deal being done.

So the same applies for this PFT article right? So what was the point of this thread if we already knew this? He reported that they were 60-40 on a deal being done.

Yeah pretty much... It's just to provide insurance to fans and give them news.

Most Panther fans probably knew we weren't going to sign Randall Cobb but just in case they didn't; Voth, Person, Newton, etc... made sure to tell us that we weren't in the running for Cobb.

It's just typical media hoopla.

The great minds of the media are the one's that hit the home runs on the little stories that aren't obvious.

For instance, I believe Igo was the first one to break the news about the Teddy Williams signing (kudos to him).

Hardy was never a locker room cancer, he just made some questionable decisions in his personal life. I don't understand why now suddenly you need people in the locker room to "keep him in check".

I'm assuming the comment wasn't geared toward him being a "locker room cancer" but more toward the fact that if you have a solid locker room presence that Hardy is less likely to get caught up in those questionable decisions that started affecting his personal life. However, Carolina has had an extremely strong locker room presence in the past with guys like Stewart, Olsen, Kalil, Gross, Wharton, Kuechly, Davis, etc. and that didn't make much of a difference.

To be fair to the Raiders, this has been done before. The Texas Rangers at one point specifically geared their locker room toward Josh Hamilton and there were certain players on the team that kept Hamilton in check (i.e. away from alcohol and drugs).

I'm assuming the comment wasn't geared toward him being a "locker room cancer" but more toward the fact that if you have a solid locker room presence that Hardy is less likely to get caught up in those questionable decisions that started affecting his personal life. However, Carolina has had an extremely strong locker room presence in the past with guys like Stewart, Olsen, Kalil, Gross, Wharton, Kuechly, Davis, etc. and that didn't make much of a difference.

To be fair to the Raiders, this has been done before. The Texas Rangers at one point specifically geared their locker room toward Josh Hamilton and there were certain players on the team that kept Hamilton in check (i.e. away from alcohol and drugs).

Josh sure did fall back off that wagon again. too bad, that kid was the natural if there ever was one.

Babe Ruth was drunk at half his games eating hotdogs between innings and smoking cigars while he was waiting to hit.

Some people can just live like that functionally, Josh is obviously not one of those people.

Archived