• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The reason Cam isn't in a hurry to sign a contract

GoobyPls

He isn't signing because it isn't in his best financial interest to sign.

regardless he is a Panther for the next 3 season, if the Panthers want him to be.

If we tag Cam its gonna be 20 mill, I can just imagine the outrage already.

Stewy had 800 yards in 13 games, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and when healthy he's easily a 1k back.

I already said his Oline sucks but he has two 1k receiving options, and one is a rookie who will only get better. He just needs a guy with speed and definitely needs an oline.

Some of you act like he has absolutely zero help which isn't true at all. We need a decent oline and speed wr, that's all. And cam most certainly doesn't need to be rushing like he does.

Who cares? He either wants to be part of what they are building or he doesn't. I'm a Panthers fan, not a player fan and Cam, although a pretty good QB, is not the GOAT and cannot dictate what this team does regarding player acquisitions. And before you call me a hater, I was on board with drafting him from the start.

Maybe Gettleman can play some QB if Cam leaves, cause from what I'm getting he's the second coming of Jesus and can do no wrong even if it means low balling our franchise QB.

Money, it IS about money

you guys are attaching soooooo much estrogen to your comments, it is pitiful.

signing now is not in Cams best interest, a 5 win season does not give Rosenhaus the leverage he wants, so he is happy to have a healthy Cam go into next season and hopefully get back to 11 or 12 wins.

Gman would probably like to sign him now while he has more leverage

But make no mistake, it is about money, always will be for every QB and agent and GM

as it should be. 

You've mentioned this before, but I will note it again, we have not had a 1,000 yard rusher since 2009.

Olsen, and KB are damn good, but we really need Cotchery to step up this season.

As we sit right now I hope and think Philly takes that number 2 spot...I'm hoping that being year 2 and not having to worry about being a returner he can take a big step up...We shall see

As we sit right now I hope and think Philly takes that number 2 spot...I'm hoping that being year 2 and not having to worry about being a returner he can take a big step up...We shall see

Philly isn't a number 2. Like you said that's as we sit right now but if come September and we're banking on any of the guys we got right now to step up and be a number 2 we're going to run into the exact same problems we did last season.

Philly isn't a number 2. Like you said that's as we sit right now but if come September and we're banking on any of the guys we got right now to step up and be a number 2 we're going to run into the exact same problems we did last season.

relying rookies and cheap FA have to somehow produce at consistent level have become the norm around here. We expect every rookie we draft to become a legit starter who ready to contribute to a playoff contender right away. Instead of going with a proven commodity like Crabtree or Johnson we want Bersin and Philly

Maybe Gettleman can play some QB if Cam leaves, cause from what I'm getting he's the second coming of Jesus and can do no wrong even if it means low balling our franchise QB.

Please show me where anyone has made that claim. I certainly haven't crowned his ass the best GM there is. Unlike the majority of you whiners I understand the situation he's in and his plan to turn it around. I also know that it's not going to turn around overnight. If Cam does leave so be it. I know, Franchise QB' don't grow on trees yada yada. Spare me the rants about Cam being this once in a lifetime irreplaceable QB.

With that said, Cam will be offered a contract befitting his value to the team. If it matches Cams value of himself then the team will have a pretty good QB for the next 5 years or so. If not, then we will be looking for his replacement. Until then,let it go.

Archived