• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RIP Niners

SgtJoo

If guys had better fundamentals with tackling, I have to believe concussions would be greatly reduced.

It's baffling to me how at the NFL level the tackling can be so damn god awful 75% of the time.

An old time player (I forget who) said something similar.

His belief was that if kids today would actually tackle and wrap up rather than going for some big hit to get on ESPN, you'd see fewer concussions and careers would last longer.

Meanwhile in Ann Arbor, Michigan, several residents have reportedly been disturbed at all hours by a mysterious noise of undetermined origin.

Those who have heard it say that it seems to resemble the sound of a person, most likely male, laughing really, really hard.

Police are currently baffled as to the source of this phenomenon.

Meanwhile in Ann Arbor, Michigan, several residents have reportedly been disturbed at all hours by a mysterious noise of undetermined origin.

Those who have heard it say that it seems to resemble the sound of a person, most likely male, laughing really, really hard.

Police are currently baffled as to the source of this phenomenon.

Jay Cutler 's mom?

I can't imagine being so talented and walking away from something so soon... respect his decision but I bet he'll live long enough to regret it. If you really love football I'm not sure how you can do this so maybe his heart just wasn't in it anymore?

Either way, suck it 49ers!

If guys had better fundamentals with tackling, I have to believe concussions would be greatly reduced.

It's baffling to me how at the NFL level the tackling can be so damn god awful 75% of the time.

Look at how physical Luke plays, how many injuries has he had?

The majority don't care about fundamentals anymore. Instead, they want to "destroy" the ball carrier. You see defensive players come in for the "kill shot" more often than not these days. And that starts at the high school level (and even lower in some junior leagues). They have no desire to tackle, they want to humiliate.

And that makes me appreciate fundamentally sound players like Thomas Davis and Luke Kuechly even more.

It is because it is a game of inches instead of possession like Rugby. When you have to do everything you can to keep your proponent from gaining yardage it leads to injuries. 

Removing the helmet and the pads would go a long way but it's still about gaining inches...and not in the way that are in my banner ads here

Archived