• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GettleMagic - Son Of A Rich Man.

Pretty stupid for everyone to be but hugging Gettle Jesus Christ people he's been here for two years...can we please wait until he actually completes a team through a few drafts and we see how all his players turn out long term instead of basing everything on their first seasons or not completely sucking.

Gettle is a big ? right now and if you say otherwise your opinion isn't really worth much. No wonder the huddle blows up so as we fail yet again because they don't just say 'we'll see' and sit there and act like things are going good. We really just don't fuging know, it's ok to admit that.

Fantastic mindset. Agree with my or your opinion doesn't matter.

Why would it? How can you possibly say whether he's doing a good job or not long term? Especially with our cap issues?

We have no idea how any of his decisions are going to work out long term, absolutely zero, this is his first GM job. No idea how the players he drafted will turn out. We have no idea how he'll handle the team wig actual cap room. We have no idea how he'll handle our big contact guys like Cam and Keek. We know very little about his abilities, very little and to me an opinion based off something so little, good or bad, is void...it's like having an opinion of how good movie is after 10 minutes.

So now that I've explained why an opinion is really not possible with so little, please tell me how someone could possibly have an opinion on whether Gettle is a good GM or not after two years?

Pretty stupid for everyone to be but hugging Gettle Jesus Christ people he's been here for two years...can we please wait until he actually completes a team through a few drafts and we see how all his players turn out long term instead of basing everything on their first seasons or not completely sucking.

Gettle is a big ? right now and if you say otherwise your opinion isn't really worth much. No wonder the huddle blows up so as we fail yet again because they don't just say 'we'll see' and sit there and act like things are going good. We really just don't fuging know, it's ok to admit that.

Having faith and confidence isn't actually a bad thing. I think Gettleman has done a good job with the tools he was given. You can't fix everything in 1 offseason so of course it's going to take a few seasons to see where he stacks up against the rest of the GMs in the league. If there is one thing he has proven though, it's that he's an expert talent evaluator and you can't deny that. The amount of late round/UDFAs that have made contributions to this team has been better than probably any team in the league over the last 2 seasons. He also won't give out contracts that screws the team in the long run and pays attention to all the trends that are going on in the league. I personally think we are in good hands.

Having faith and confidence isn't actually a bad thing. I think Gettleman has done a good job with the tools he was given. You can't fix everything in 1 offseason so of course it's going to take a few seasons to see where he stacks up against the rest of the GMs in the league. If there is one thing he has proven though, it's that he's an expert talent evaluator and you can't deny that. The amount of late round/UDFAs that have made contributions to this team has been better than probably any team in the league over the last 2 seasons. He also won't give out contracts that screws the team in the long run and pays attention to all the trends that are going on in the league. I personally think we are in good hands.

Finding talent is a very small part of his job and what we know about how he gives out contracts has 1,000 times more to do with the cap space. Last year he sucked at filling holes compared to 2013, he knows damn well 'bargain bin' players don't always turn out, but I don't blame him for that, that's the cap he has to work with....opinions should be reserved. That's what we know...we don't know what he'll do with more cap space, if he'll sign guys to longer contracts, or change directions all together. We don't know he could be so frugal or untrusting he won't be willing to sign cam. He might not...those are just kind of what if things we don't know.

All I'm saying is because he's only been here two years, his draft players have yet to peak, has never been a GM before, and has absolutely zero cap space to really do anything. Therefore as fans, we should really wait how this all turns out before trusting every move he makes.

Why would it? How can you possibly say whether he's doing a good job or not long term? Especially with our cap issues?

We have no idea how any of his decisions are going to work out long term, absolutely zero, this is his first GM job. No idea how the players he drafted will turn out. We have no idea how he'll handle the team wig actual cap room. We have no idea how he'll handle our big contact guys like Cam and Keek. We know very little about his abilities, very little and to me an opinion based off something so little, good or bad, is void...it's like having an opinion of how good movie is after 10 minutes.

So now that I've explained why an opinion is really not possible with so little, please tell me how someone could possibly have an opinion on whether Gettle is a good GM or not after two years?

So, Ray Farmer and Gettleman are both equal GMs right now, because you can't have any opinion at all on a GM after two years (or in Farmer's case, 1 year)? Interesting. God damn I want to meet you face to face right now and lay into your sad little ass and teach you something about life. Good talking to you, friend.

This may be the dumbest saying I've ever heard.  Some of the most worthless people I've ever known were rich spoiled brats.  In fact, this saying sounds like something they'd say.

Yes, what a load of bullshit. In addition DG track record as a GM is very short and far from "magic". So far I give him a grade of C. He was a scout up until JR hired him.

Yeah, that "saying" sounds like some dumb poo someone who was born into wealth would come up with.  Feel like they're entitled to being rich.

You take a son of a rich man, cut him off completely from daddy's money (that means no paying for college as well), give him a dollar... and he likely dies a poor man.

Archived