• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is this real? (Trading Newton)

RockyTopVol

I don't think much of Stafford at all.

The only guy I could see in a trade might be Rivers.  He wants to come back to the South and bring his large family.

He is a better passer than Cam, but Cam the better athlete and runner.  Probably a toss up

Rivers is 33.

If we are going to trade Cam(we shouldn't but if they are set on it) then send him to the raiders for Derek Carr and like 3 first round picks. Draft Amari Cooper and Todd Gurley in the first and just try to win through skill position talent and solid defense.

Detroit trading Stafford for Cam would put them $12M over the cap which means they would have to cut several players and restructure some more just to make that trade possible even if they did want to do it which they won't. What a stupid rumor.

Yep ... besides ... I would rather have Anderson as our starter vs Stafford.  Derek doesn't get enough credit.

If we are going to trade Cam(we shouldn't but if they are set on it) then send him to the raiders for Derek Carr and like 3 first round picks. Draft Amari Cooper and Todd Gurley in the first and just try to win through skill position talent and solid defense.

I know Derek's different, but the last time we had a guy named 'Carr' at quarterback it didn't go so well.

Archived