• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers talk to Greg Jennings

Jeremy Igo

Yeah Dave really acts like he wanted him when he called him a "economic signing"...

Do you know what that means Siegfried? ?

Let me explain in common terms. .

He was cheap ..

Example:

If I could afford steak... I wouldn't eat Ramen noodles. .

I'll say this about ya, you are consistent at thinking you are smarter than you really are.

I'll say this about ya, you are consistent at thinking you are smarter than you really are.

"Economic signing" means a talent player we truly wanted to you I guess..

You know he could have said Cotchery was the player we wanted and money wasn't a reason right???

Not necessarily true. Signing Jennings would free us up to take BPA, therefore not reaching for a WR or whatever. That doesn't mean WR won't be BPA tho.

BPA isn't a set thing, it changes based on the landscape of the team. Maybe we'd take one of the top 4 but we would not take any others at 25. Have a feeling there will be a run on wideout and Strong won't fall, therefore no wideout in the first.

BPA isn't a set thing, it changes based on the landscape of the team. Maybe we'd take one of the top 4 but we would not take any others at 25. Have a feeling there will be a run on wideout and Strong won't fall, therefore no wideout in the first.

Correct, with one small caveat.

If free agency goes as planned - i.e. no immediate holes left when it's done - then technically the landscape could look pretty similar from year to year.

Disagree about rather having Crabtree. Would rather have Jennings.

Oh please, If Crabtree signs tomorrow you would throw Jennings under the bus in a heartbeat.

Jennings is 32 and has peaked already, he's a product of two HOF QB's

Crabtree is still relatively young and Cam would be the best QB he has played with to date. He's also great at YAC something the panthers desperately need.

Oh please, If Crabtree signs tomorrow you would throw Jennings under the bus in a heartbeat.

Jennings is 32 and has peaked already, he's a product of two HOF QB's

Crabtree is still relatively young and Cam would be the best QB he has played with to date. He's also great at YAC something the panthers desperately need.

Cotchery averaged more YAC/catch than Crabtree and Jennings last year.

Archived