• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr. Richardson did flex muscles regarding Hardy

dswofford

Unfortunately they go somewhat hand in hand these days.

He can't really come out and say yeah I let him go because you fugers would never let me live it down if I didn't.

He could've said nothing, or maybe, umm, let's see.... made the correct decision to let him come back here on a cheap one year deal like he supposedly wanted to do.

I've been following the case as well and never read one piece of information corroborating what you're claiming. There's no way the DA had that in their possession and dropped the case. You don't need the victim to press charges in a criminal case.

If I post the link proving you wrong with photos of the evidence logs descriptions, I want you to make a post about how awesome and right I always am. Deal?

He could've said nothing, or maybe, umm, let's see.... made the correct decision to let him come back here on a cheap one year deal like he supposedly wanted to do.

There has never been anything in Hardy's past comments or actions that would indicate he ever had any inclination to go anywhere for less than top dollar.

I've been one of Hardy's biggest supporters for the past 9 months, at least in terms of keeping him. But there was a big development that happened quietly last month that basically nobody paid attention to: turns out the DA's office had in its possession pictures of bruises and welts all over Nicole Holder's body from head to toe. Face, arms, legs, torso, back, feet......Hardy clearly did it. If he thought she faked it, he would have fought tooth and nail and would have never paid her off. 

Now that you can (I believe) definitively say Hardy did beat her, it becomes a matter of giving someone a second chance. However, since Hardy is maintaining his innocence, he'll never be apologizing and admitting what he did. So I think I'm going to begrudgingly agree with Richardson's decision to let him go. 

As for Cam or Luke getting the same treatment, Hardy was basically on their same level in terms of playmaking ability. And I think if someone accused those two of beating them and they had pictures of their injuries all over their body to prove it, I think they would have gotten the same treatment from Richardson, I really do.

Link pls

I'm really glad that the posters here know more than the guys who run the team!  Phew!

Richardson is very protective of the Carolina Panthers brand, image and identity.  We are still a young franchise.  Fundamentally, Richardson decided to cut ties with Hardy because it was hurting the brand.  It has less to do with the NFL and more to do with protecting his own legacy.

Now why is the NFL so hungry for the Hardy evidence?  It's kind of a big deal.  If Hardy did cause the kinds of injury to Holder that she claimed and there is direct physical proof AND he paid her off to prevent a jury trial...what kind of damage does that do to your brand?

Sure they don't all need to be boy scouts, but they need to be trusted not to make terrible decisions when given millions of dollars...  It's one thing to pull several Steve Smiths (punching teammates) when he's an all pro, but beating up women in your home is not acceptable.  This has much less to do with the legal findings as much as it does with the court of public opinion.

Will Hardy make the Cowboys happy? Maybe.  Or maybe he'll get hurt.  Maybe he'll make another questionable decision that get's put on TMZ and ESPN.  How many out comes are there, and what are the probabilities of each.  That's an interesting question.

Let's be real. Hardy was never gonna do that.

Yes let's be real and go off the only information we have indicating one way or another. Josh said Greg told him he'd play here for free. His social media has supposedly been Panthers fans pleading for the Panthers to bring him back all over it. I'm pretty certain he would've gladly taken a 1 year $6M deal here if we would've offered it.

There has never been anything in Hardy's past comments or actions that would indicate he ever had any inclination to go anywhere for less than top dollar.

"His heart is in Carolina," Norman said. "I had a talk with him. He wants to be here. He don't want to go nowhere else. He wants to be in Carolina. He even told me he would play for free. That's what he told me verbatim out of his mouth."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12151473/josh-norman-carolina-panthers-wants-greg-hardy-back-2015

This is the best I have for now, but I clicked through one of those media displays on one of the local sites a couple of weeks ago and it had listed every single photo and what was on it. I'll be able to dig that up in a few more minutes hopefully:

http://www.wbtv.com/story/28098680/evidence-from-greg-hardy-case-now-in-lawyers-hands

(Check the description of the photos)

Yes let's be real and go off the only information we have indicating one way or another. Josh said Greg told him he'd play here for free. His social media has supposedly been Panthers fans pleading for the Panthers to bring him back all over it. I'm pretty certain he would've gladly taken a 1 year $6M deal here if we would've offered it.

Go back to Monsta's post.

Igo's theory was that the chatter about him playing for us for cheap was a fallback strategy in case he didn't get any offers.

I'd say that's a pretty solid theory given that for quite a while, he didn't. And now that he has signed, the team that did it is getting plenty of backlash.

So no, I don't buy it. Never did.

I don't think anyone can deny that Hardy wanted to play here in a bad kind of way.  To say he wouldn't have played here on a cheap deal is just speculation because it makes people feel better about Jerry Richardson and the whole situation.  

News Flash: All of you sensitive, holier than thou types can feel good about the situation anyway.

Archived