• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I am on Bre shad Perriman's bandwagon

top dawg

It definitely has an impact. I still think Cooper, White and Parker are the first three WRs taken. But Strong and Perriman could be a toss up now. Heck, both might go before us now.

Both being gone is a real possibility. If nothing else, it will make round one that much more interesting, if not just downright suspenseful and tense, for Panthers nation.

I know that I am getting ahead of myself, but I wonder if or how our compensatory picks could play into this.

Perriman>Strong

I can't say that for sure. We will know in a few years at latest, but I always suspected that he was more explosive.

I can't remember who it was that convinced me that it was more an illusion due to his level of competition, but I don't believe that there is really any argument that Perriman is flat out more explosive and exciting.

Similar to Kelvin. Made many of the tough catches but dropped some easy ones. Can't teach his athletic ability and he's got the size and speed to take the top off a defense. Gettleman fell in love with Kelvin's physical traits.

Benjamin came up big in big games though.

Plus, based on what someone showed me in the other thread it looks like he drops twice as many as Benjamin.

That concerns me.

Plus, based on what someone showed me in the other thread it looks like he drops twice as many as Benjamin.

That concerns me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000451775/article/panthers-not-fretting-kelvin-benjamins-drops

According to this article Benjamin actually dropped a higher % of balls this past season as a pro. Pro vs. College obviously different but it warrants being said. 

Carolina showed they won't shy away from drafting boom/bust guys; especially at the WR position. 

That concerns me.

I don't know what they showed you, but it wasn't twice as much. Benjamin was over 9% while Perriman was over 12% (closer to 13, maybe). I know that number didn't come from all his plays, just a sample if I am not mistaken.

I'm on the fence about Perriman. It would definitely depend on who else is available.

Him and KB would be an interesting duo.

Interesting is a good word for that duo. Frustrating as hell with the drops but limitless potential. Two big bodies and a mismatch for any defense. Throw in Olsen and Cam would finally have a formidable cast of pass-catchers. 

Dude, no.

How many times do we have fall for the same type of prospect? Perriman makes Patterson look like Fitzgerald.

Perriman is so much smoother than Patterson in my opinion. I've been on the Perriman bandwagon for quite some time so I'm not surprised he killed his pro day today.

Why do you like Strong? Or is it that you just don't like Perriman?

Archived