• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fear the Walking Dead - Season 1

Hotsauce

If it's a "gore" fest...I'll pass.  That stuff was great when I was 12, not so much anymore.  I happen to like character development and sensible plot progression.

The Walking Dead has some of the better character development on tv. It's the basis for the whole show.

It was alright IMO.  Not really great, but not bad either.  I understand they've got a lot of setting up to do, so the pilot had a lot on it's plate... lol but it felt like I was watching an episode of Law & Order or something.

Guess I was just kind of let down due to how awesome the original Walking Dead's pilot was.  Hooks you from the get go and never really lets go the entire season.  To be fair it had the benefit of having the story already waaay mapped out though I guess, and the fact you're thrown immediately into a world that's already gone to poo, you just don't know how bad yet.

Yeah, tbh, I was disappointed in the pilot and I'm hoping the series gets much better from here...   That was incredibly by slow. As RIAP mentioned above, I know they have to set everything up, and that's quite a bit of material, but I felt like they purposely drug it out to milk that hour and a half premiere so that the actual outbreak is revealed at the very end of the show and leave us on a "cliffhanger" until next episode.  It was just painfully slow and as I've said elsewhere, to me, what makes a great series is making the characters believable and worth investing in...  There were several lapses in that department in the pilot...  Like, why the F did the parents go to the abandoned church two different times rather than having the police check it out?  Lol, step dad went in there, fell in an entire pool of blood and guts and goes on about his life, business as usual lol.  Also, how about the idiot son getting the car with his suburban drug dealer not sensing at all that his boy was about to smoke him lol.  Then we have him telling his parents he accidentally killed him in self defense, so the parents get out of the car and yell his name like he would be responding to it LOL. 

I could've gotten around all that if the pilot progressed plot wise, but it was mainly pointless dialogue for an hour and twenty-eight minutes.  I'm going to keep watching because there's really nothing else airing that I'm interested in right now until football season starts and TWD comes back in October, but man, i hope this series picks it up. 

Lol yeah there were some pretty dumb parts in that episode.  Their reaction at the end though when they saw that poo was just so nonchalant and unrealistic.

Agreed, and I really did L-O-L reading this.  "Wow, we just discovered our friendly neighbor was your dealer and you just murdered him in self defense, only for him to come back to life...   Let's try to talk some sense into him...   Wait, he was shot straight through the heart and he's walking around trying to eat your mother!  Run him over multiple times to stop him!  Now he's still moving around without a face and multiple compound fractures...   Let us stand here with our mouths agape in silence as a cohesive family unit."

I knew that fans of the main show would be bored by the pilot lol.  But I'm surprised since the main show is like 80% filler usually.  

It's supposed to be slower, to show the slow fall of civilization and if look around you can see it.  It's obviously the Gov. knows about this and is trying to contain it  before mass panic, but they are not doing well.  The cops are now running into all this stuff and no one knows what is up.  Slowly it's falling apart and probably next episode it does.

The reason they didn't call the cops is because they are the parent(s) of a drug abuser and are trying to keep him out of trouble, and it doesn't seem like he's violent so they are just checking stuff out.   Some stuff has to happen though to introduce these people into the virus.  They just happen to be lucky and have seen things before other people, it will pay off later on and make sense since they should be more prepared (and as to why they are alive probably).  It's hard to explain, but a family of a drug abuser gets to be numb to certain things and news that come along.  When they all got quiet when the phone rang in the beginning, I've been there before with my brother, they nailed it.  

The guy got in the car with the drug dealer because obviously they were friends for a while, hence why his mom went there looking for the guy, probably high school friends and whatnot.  Not to mention he's still a bit out of it after leaving the hospital and rocking out in old guy clothes lol.  

I didn't mind their reaction, it was almost shock.  Better than falling to the ground and crying like other shows/movies.   Honestly, who the heck knows how ANYONE would react to that anyway.   But you have to remember previous to that there have been videos on the TV of people NOT dying and also the story from their son, so it wasn't completely news that strange things are going on, it was more of a "yup, something is up here" balancing out the stuff they already knew.  

Archived