• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Favorite (or Worst) Live Performance of Any Band?

Arroz con Panther

Best (not necessarily ion order)

Tedeschi Trucks Band (midnight in harlem was one of the most incredible musical experiences in my life)

Allman Bros

Robert Plant's Band of Joy (not ony a huge fan of zepplin and plant, but a big fan of darrell scott, patty griffin, and byron house who all were with him in the band)

Bela Fleck & the Flecktones (not in the last 5-6 years, tho.)

Leftover Salmon (pre-mark vann dying). i saw them probably more than anyone. quite a few times i was right there at the stage and would look at the set list and it was always funny that they would stick to it for the first 2-3 songs and then just totally wander off  the list. you never knew what to expect (because they never knew what to expect) from show to show.

Iron Maiden

Def Leppard Hysteria tour (don't judge me. i was 18 and i have never seen so many girls in spandex in my life. it was amazing.)

worst

great white. i saw them twice in 2 years because of other bands they were with (whitesnake...another great show, and tesla). i didn't like them anyway and thought they were a band of hacks and never saw any redeeming qualities in them, but live they were worse. i wish they were boring. they were just bad. the absolute worst thing was i know that a lot of these big bands create a set list and stick to it so by the time you see it they've done the exact same show dozens or even hundreds of times, jokes/stories and all...but the stories that the singer told were so bad they were burned and scarred into my memory and i was amazed that he didn't change a thing in two years.

I went to the Slayer concert in Charlotte (The Fillmore). They had Suicidal Tendencies and Exodus play before them. It was excellent, but the best part was the amount of songs Slayer played. 21. The most I've really heard of them doing in a while.

Setlist:

World Painted Blood

Postmortem

Hate Worldwide

Die by the Sword

Chemical Warfare

War Ensemble

Mandatory Suicide

Necrophiliac

Spill the Blood

Hell Awaits

At Dawn They Sleep

Altar of Sacrifice

Jesus Saves

Disciple

Seasons in the Abyss

Snuff

Dead Skin Mask

Raining Blood

Psychopathy Red

South of Heaven

Angel of Death 

I can only imagine them in their younger days (1986 or so). I imagine the concerts were less "sane" back then, to say the least. Haha. It was my first concert, and I really enjoyed it.

I saw them in '88ish and it was a smaller venue with an open floor.  I made my way up to the front row and stood in front of Tom and watched him do his thing.  I gotta say, between the snot coming out of his nose, the scowl on his face and the overall tone of the show, he was a pretty intimidating dude.

Some interesting bands here. I'm surprised at Slipknot, Incubus and the Eagles. Were they just boring or what?

Slipknot's main drummer was awesome, it became the reason I saw them (I'm a drummer), though I love their 87062134 album and Iowa was ok. Corey (lead singer) sounds great for one or two songs, after that he just dies out in not sure why. Some bands that yell a lot and have intensity record one song at a time, then go live and suck. Others however do quite well, yelling like that takes practice and can really fug up your vocals. Perhaps the reason Slipknot pussified their music after Iowa. The lead singer of Otep and Staind as well as 90s Manson are the best at upholding intense energy throughout a 2-3 hour show.

Incubus was boring. They played acoustic versions of any song slightly heavier or faster than their normal stuff. It was really annoying. Sounded like crap too. The best thing about their concert was when they asked for the girls to throw their bras on stage...some lots of great boobies.

I saw Eagles somewhat recently and they were old. The atmosphere sucked because it was a bunch of old people lol. The Eagles to me though influenced a lot of my favorite bands now days. Brian Warner (lead singer of Marilyn Manson's favorite band is the Eagles. So maybe it was just mean but everything about that concert was slow paced.

Best all around concert I have ever been to date was Pantera in Dallas Texas, Staind and 1999 Marilyn Manson-great music and visuals. Nine inch nails has had some great ones too. Eric Clapton was just amazing. He really knows his music.

Saw ZZ Top in Fayetteville when "Eliminator" came out. Less than a minute in I could tell they weren't playing.

AC/DC in Fayetteville. Insane. Started with "Hells Bells", just a spotlight on a huge bell in the rafters and Angus sitting on it playing.

Cinderella at Trask Coliseum, if only for the singer playing a grand piano suspended over the crowd.

Weird, I was just about to start a concert thread.

Great Concerts (In no particular order)

B.o.B

Matchbox 20 / Goo Goo Dolls

The Eagles

Pink (Yeah yeah... I went for free and it was surprisingly great)

Zac Brown Band

Gym Class Heroes

Not Great Concerts

J Cole (Was just awful. He didn't seem to be enjoying himself and was just rolling through the motions for his home state crowd)

The Underachievers (They were absolutely stoned, and as hilarious as it was, the performance was very lackluster)

I saw Eagles somewhat recently and they were old. The atmosphere sucked because it was a bunch of old people lol. The Eagles to me though influenced a lot of my favorite bands now days. Brian Warner (lead singer of Marilyn Manson's favorite band is the Eagles. So maybe it was just mean but everything about that concert was slow paced.

I saw The Eagles last year and it blew me away. Now, I'm young and had never been to a show of a band older than the 90's, but I thought it was really impressive how amazing they sounded despite the age. I nearly dropped a tear during Desperado, especially when looking around and seeing the nostalgia and pure bliss in the faces of the old people.

Archived