• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Thirsty is DG for a pass rush DE?

bLACKpANTHER

Kyle Love will not be on the final 53 man. Quit spending all your time trying to convince a bunch of other

"camfancomelate-lies" that the FO is just gonna up and build this high flying offense around one guy.

For your info, Carolina has always been and will be(for immediate future) a defensive minded team

And that's why Cam is leaving

Kyle Love will not be on the final 53 man. Quit spending all your time trying to convince a bunch of other

"camfancomelate-lies" that the FO is just gonna up and build this high flying offense around one guy.

For your info, Carolina has always been and will be(for immediate future) a defensive minded team

they need to adjust their expectations or find another team if they think rivera and gettleman are going to tool this team into the mid 2000s colts.

Love that guy, charles johnson clone. What's better than learning from a guy who plays a similar game to you?

I thought Preston smith was more of a CJ clone?

Either way I would feel a lot better with either Smith, Flowers or Odi drafted in the 2nd-3rd round. Thank god it's less than two weeks away until the draft.

Also I still believe having a 2nd WR is pretty important to have. I believe that Brown has potential to be a solid #3 but we really have no solid 2 on the roster unless Hill can surprise all of us by some miracle.

During the Huddle podcast, Jones said our #1 need was a pass rushing DE- which really surprised me. With the obvious holes at OT, WR and S- and the way we still produced sacks without the Kracken last year- I didn't even think an edge rusher was on our radar until the later rounds. (Shoot, I didn't even think RB was that big of a need until I got persuaded by some friends)

So since I listened to the pod, whenever I do a mock I have been looking to grab a DE in the early to mid rounds. However, this is such a weak class of elite-above average DEs that it is really hard to find one when we draft.

My question of "How Thirsty is DG for a pass rush DE?" comes with the thought that maybe we got our DE last year in Kony Ealy. A player usually improves the most from his rookie-sophomore year. I really don't have 100% faith in Ealy to make a jump to a 8-10 sack season, but I just don't see us taking a DE anywhere in our first 4 picks because no one really moves the needle, IMO.

What say you?

I'm hoping that DE is the absolute last draft position consider by DG.

Randy Gregory reportedly weighed in at less than 230 on a recent team visit. Good chance that not only is he there at 25 but also at 57. Really hope we don't take him even in the 2nd. He sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Could be smokescreens, but I have yet to hear one positive thing about him or his attitude off the field.

Archived