• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we should draft Dorial Green-Beckham

SCP

It will be a cold day in Hell before Richardson lets Gettleman take DGB. The only thing I'm hoping for is that he gets drafted to an AFC team and stays out of the NFC South because he's got the highest ceiling of any WR in this class. I've been watching an unhealthy amount of game tape on WR's and I can say without a doubt DGB is a #1 WR with the jump ball ability of the best in the NFL, very good speed and very good hands, he needs to work on route running but if he gets that down may God have mercy on the soul of the CB that is assigned to cover him. All in all I don't think we'll have to worry too much about taking him because I think he's a top 20 lock pick landing in either Miami or San Francisco.

I agree but this is why it's upsetting that the Panthers are just ignoring him. Unless they've got the scoop that he's definitely going before 25, there's no excuse to not at least meet the kid before you make that call.

Usually I hate the "not serious about winning" poo but it's hard to not feel that way when the possible answer to our prayers in a tall, speedy WR comes along and the organization seems like they don't even want to consider him.

Taking a guy who's a suspension risk is not "caring more about winning".

As Gettleman said, it's hard enough building a roster without worrying that a key player is a 'time bomb'.

As Gettleman said, it's hard enough building a roster without worrying that a key player is a 'time bomb'.

Taking time to evaluate a potential game changer is caring more about winning. I'd have no problem with them passing on him if they did that.

carolina wouldn't spend a 7th on him

the good news though is that we're going to see four months of new topics every time a "green-beckham turning heads at minicamp" and "green-beckham focused on football" fluff piece comes from the beat writer of a "real team that wants to win football games"

pats

cam and Luke are our key players so it is not as much a risk and we could see whether weapons around Cam is the answer.

Taking time to evaluate a potential game changer is caring more about winning. I'd have no problem with them passing on him if they did that.

Should they have evaluated Lawrence Phillips?

Nobody changes anything when they're suspended.

Putting a risky guy in an important position on your team is not smart.

I don't see how anyone can argue with that opinion.  I didn't believe that they would discount DGB out of hand, but that's apparently exactly what they've done.  I could be wrong, but I believe that J-Rich has put his foot down about DGB. Gman seems a little bit more judicious and in tune with the times than to summarily discount a player who has shown---at the very least---a semblance of improvement.  J-Rich has spoken! Whoever disagrees can flame away, but you're not going to change my opinion on this matter.

Leaving no stone un-turned when it comes to a guy with DGB's upside is arguably the smarter and more shrewd way to go about building a winner, even if you ultimately decide that you don't want him. And before someone says "We may have done our due diligence on him", I seriously doubt it because Gman was pretty emphatic even before the draft season season began in earnest, plus we all know how crying J-Rich thinks about players with troubled pasts, particularly since the 2014 incidents.

There's one person in this thread who apparently can tell the future and knows this kid is going to be suspended.

This is a kid from a good family who made a couple mistakes and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think it's more damning to the people who are trying to right this kid off as a problem already. What a great outstanding person smh

lol I want us to draft him in the first now just so Mr Scot looks dumb(er)

Wow!     LOL

You guys don't take it easy on Scot, do you?  Well...he does refer to people---err, people's opinions as "silly" and "stupid" on the regular, so...

Archived