• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dorial Green-Beckham

Lots of teams sat down with him and talked. Word on the street is that didn't go so well. Why is this almost 20 pages when there is .00000001% that he's even on our board.

the discussion of this prospect dovetails nicely with the non-stop complaints about the panthers only being interested in "fielding a team of choir boys" and how this organization "doesn't care about winning" among the usual boilerplate on this site.

if some team drafts him and he suddenly turns into mr. rogers then that's wonderful for them.  i can understand why several teams, including the panthers, aren't sold.

it was to prove a point but since you don't have a rebuttal worth a damn,i'll just take it as another one of your infamous choir boy post

oh and btw you do know you can get a DV charge without laying a hand on someone right..........guess those people are "wife beaters" too aye?

Oh the irony :lol:

Oddly enough, you can also get a domestic violence rap by throwing pregnant women down stairs and dragging women by the throat.

Oh sorry, was that too "straw man" for you?

Lots of teams sat down with him and talked. Word on the street is that didn't go so well. Why is this almost 20 pages when there is .00000001% that he's even on our board.

You speak as if you know this for a fact?  My guess is not which means you are guessing, opinionated nothing more.

Word on the street?  You have an inside track to other teams meetings.  I seriously doubt it.

While I agree the chances we pass on him are high and before I saw the piece on NFL Network I was certain we wouldn't.   

My point on the OP was I believe he is truly trying to change his image and start anew and we should do our due diligence to check him out.

Most people are so hell bent on labeling a KID trouble because he made some juvenile mistakes.   

When he thrives with another team and becomes a star.... don't worry I won't say I told you so.   YOU'LL KNOW IT.

Oh the irony :lol:

Oddly enough, you can also get a domestic violence rap by throwing pregnant women down stairs and dragging women by the throat.

Oh sorry, was that too "straw man" for you?

and now you're starting to look foolish...........my original post was about labeling someone a wife beater after one incident of DV, i didn't specifically refer to DGB i was speaking in general but good ole Mr.Scott and his superb reading comprehension came along going off half cock as always

chalk up the L and admit you don't have anything useful to say.......save yourself some embarrassment

You speak as if you know this for a fact? My guess is not which means you are guessing, opinionated nothing more.

Word on the street? You have an inside track to other teams meetings. I seriously doubt it.

While I agree the chances we pass on him are high and before I saw the piece on NFL Network I was certain we wouldn't.

My point on the OP was I believe he is truly trying to change his image and start anew and we should do our due diligence to check him out.

Most people are so hell bent on labeling a KID trouble because he made some juvenile mistakes.

When he thrives with another team and becomes a star.... don't worry I won't say I told you so. YOU'LL KNOW IT.

He is not a kid, nor was he a kid when that incident occurred. Men and women his age fights wars. He's a grown man.

I gotcha. Even if you're stuck in a poo hole like Fayetteville?

Fayetteville? Lol. You poor bastard.

I explored the seas and crashed in Hawaii, San Diego, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, etc. And ocasionally took trips to the desert. Those weren't as fun, though.

He is not a kid, nor was he a kid when that incident occurred. Men and women his age fights wars. He's a grown man.

I spent 25 years in the Navy and trust me.  Plenty of those men and women that fight wars were still immature and need growing up.  

Because you join the military it doesn't mean you are grown up.

Fayetteville? Lol. You poor bastard.

I explored the seas and crashed in Hawaii, San Diego, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, etc. And ocasionally took trips to the desert. Those weren't as fun, though.

No poo.  I got lucky and went to Guam, got stuck in Germany for a while and took trips to the desert three times.  Fayetteville wasn't so bad, especially when I was never there on the weekends.  

and now you're starting to look foolish...........my original post was about labeling someone a wife beater after one incident of DV, i didn't specifically refer to DGB i was speaking in general but good ole Mr.Scott and his superb reading comprehension came along going off half cock as always

chalk up the L and admit you don't have anything useful to say.......save yourself some embarrassment

Yeah...I'm not really worried about "embarrassment" debating someone who said something like this...

Yeah because one incident of DV makes you a woman beater.......gtfo

And now it's "but I wasn't actually talking about DGB" :lol:

You said something incredibly ignorant, and now you're spinning it with straw men and nonsense.

Nice try.

So you talk about a straw man argument, then compare five year olds stealing and high school kids cheating to an adult committing domestic violence?

Yeah :lol:

He may be an adult in your eyes and in the eyes of the law, but the brain doesn't fully develop until at soonest 25. People CAN learn and mature. Not advocating drafting DGB since there's too many red flags and in a post-Rice NFL he won't see the field, but you seem like a guy who wants anybody who commits any crime of any nature to be locked up for life. No second chances. Maybe not but that's how it's coming across.

This is absolutely true but what you read and hear about DGB doesn't tell you about his character. The team must determine that through talking to people associated with him and doing all their possible research. Hardy's supposedly a "woman-beater" and the majority of our players wanted him to return.

Very good point. I was going after the people who were taking the position that character doesn't matter--better take him or our NFC S rivals will.

I think you are correct--we don't know why he had red flags--if he can explain them and you are satisfied, then you have removed the character issue so that you can draft him.  Drafting someone with character issues, however, is a bad idea.  Same page, brother Thomas!

He may be an adult in your eyes and in the eyes of the law, but the brain doesn't fully develop until at soonest 25. People CAN learn and mature. Not advocating drafting DGB since there's too many red flags and in a post-Rice NFL he won't see the field, but you seem like a guy who wants anybody who commits any crime of any nature to be locked up for life. No second chances. Maybe not but that's how it's coming across.

We're not talking about locking a guy up.

We're talking about paying a guy a few million dollars and depending on that guy to play a significant role for our team.

You can bet your ass I'm gonna have some pretty high standards for someone we'd be investing that much in.

Archived