• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd round or later left tackles

AU-panther

Every time I seem to do a mock it seems to work out better if I take a tackle in the first and then a receiver in the second or third.

If we happen to draft a receiver in the first, who do you all feel like could possible help at LT that realistically has a chance of being there at pick 57 or later?

Mid to late round OT prospects are always such a mixed bag when it comes to how/where they translate.  Given we look for impact early with DG, I don't know if we grab a OL prospect in the second round this year.   I think there's few mid-rounders in Crisp, Baldwin, and Gibson that could be serviceable to good LTs.  Havenstein is an interesting question mark. 

Donovan Smith, TJ Clemmings or Cedric Ogbeuhi if they fall but that is pretty unlikely. We'd need to trade up in the 2nd to get a good prospect at Tackle. It's a reach position so you have to be willing to burn a 1st round pick on one because they won't fall into your BPA lap if you wait.

Chaz Green is a guy we could get in the later rounds. Pretty good player that has some injury concerns. Captain at Florida, better pass protection than run blocking but a good athlete. Most people see him as a backup swing tackle. Might be good value for 1 of our 5th round comp picks, might stay on the board till the 6th

If they go "weapon" or defense in the first...pray to whatever God you worship that Ogbeuhi falls hard because he is the ONLY T worth AS that could fall to the 50th pick.  In fact I feel dumber for even saying that. 

Obi will be gone by then.  Best thing to do is hope that what we have can do the job.  The Calvary ain't coming IMO when it comes to the OL.

He's a really cool prospect.  No doubt a potential plug and play RT but I do wonder how he would translate on the left side in the league.  I've read a lot of places projecting him as a RT/G.  His road grading style with a good foundation in pass protecting though is super intriguing.  

Archived