• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is Cam's year to silence a lot of critics

Khaki Lackey

I think Cam has done well so far but I agree if he wants to be an elite QB and be paid like one, he'll need to put the team on his back. He's been doing that for years already but I'd like to see him at least throw for 30 TDs in a season. He's yet to that and he's very capable of it.

It's not a matter of Newton not being able to throw for 30 touchdowns. I have little doubt that he could.

First of all, we've invested substantially in our defense. It's time to put some into our offense. We lacked the firepower at times to keep up with the more potent offenses of the NFL last year. It showed in the regular season, and it showed against Seattle in the playoffs. Keep adding talent to the offense.

Our offense isn't really built to throw the ball that much, we rely heavily on our ground game, that has been our identity. Not to mention who our OC is. We know Cam can air it out. Last year though we lacked the speed to spread out defenses. Adding another WR in the draft would go a long way in helping.

I been telling everyone this is going to be a big season for cam and his big breakout year we have yet to see the best from cam yet.

cam has the talent to be a top 5 qb if not the best .

this is the year we finally get him weapons and this is the year hes finally going to have a solid offensive line without having to worry about nate chandler and byron bell getting him molly jammed.

This is also the year when he is the heathiest he been since college and not to mention his contract year.

Cam wants that big money and he is going to earn it.

Im expecting a huge year from #1

First of all. Cam doesn't need to prove anything to me. I've watched every NFL snap he's played and I know he's got the goods. Great post

There is, however, a large contingent of morons that still spout out the "immature" "just a running back" narrative. (Read the comments on any article about Cam if you insist on proof.)

Our schedule this year provides Cam with an opportunity for a publicity tour of delusional fan bases. Cam has a chance to showcase his abilities in front of the Hawks fans at home and their temporary Wolfpacker Russ Wilson bandwagoners, the redneck Carolina Skins fans, the dolts that say RG3 is a better QB, the Luck-huggers, the Chip Kelly fanbois, the cheese-headed discount double checkers, and the freakin' Reverse Cowgirls on Turkey Day. These teams not only have obnoxious, ignorant fans, but they have huge bandwagon fan bases right here in NC.

It's going to be sweet watching Cam serve them all some Crowjangles[emoji768] canjun spiced blackbird with a side of fries that doesn't have nearly enough seasoning on them. (seriously, I'll give the person behind the counter a tip if they just hand me the damn shaker.)

Thanks for reading my cool story, bros!

To say Cam will "silence the critics" you have to assume Cam is elite and that anyone who criticizes him in any way is wrong.  I would say that this is the year Cam's development peaks and, hopefully, his protection and weaponry are finally assembled.

Here is the irony of the "Cam is great, he just has no protection or weapons" argument.  People are basically saying "IF"....

Now, any time you say "IF" you are speaking hypothetically, and when speaking hypothetically you have to consider variables on which you make a prediction of the outcome.  Realistically, Cam is a QB with a ton of athleticism and potential, but he is not beyond criticism statistically.  He is ranked somewhere in the middle third--realistically.  So if a QB has a ton of potential and ability is ranked in the middle of the pack in his fourth year, he should be subject to criticism.

Those who say that he is awesome are forgetting the times he wasn't.  It seems easy to blame his shortcomings on the OL and the WRs, when the truth is, nobody really knows to what degree those factors impact his play.  You have to speculate and discuss his play hypothetically.

This should be Cam's year because I think the pieces are in place, but are fans going to call Cam great if he has the pieces and protection and is still not in the top 10 statistically?   I am not.  Cam has grown up a lot--that is something he admits.  But get off the high horse.  Calling fans who have statistically-supported opinions "morons" because they disagree with your hypothetical evaluation of Cam is childish.  If Cam had nothing left to prove, he would have a contract by now paying him as the best qb in the league. 

If you disagree with this, I can't help you because you are too emotionally involved to consider logic or reason.  What I have seen is people questioning his judgement, accuracy, and consistency.  He gets down when the team is behind and rarely is the spark that revives the team--He is growing into that role, but if people see it like I do and share it, they are just being honest.   It does not mean they are going to hell or homeland security will start monitoring their web searches.

To say Cam will "silence the critics" you have to assume Cam is elite and that anyone who criticizes him in any way is wrong. I would say that this is the year Cam's development peaks and, hopefully, his protection and weaponry are finally assembled.

Here is the irony of the "Cam is great, he just has no protection or weapons" argument. People are basically saying "IF"....

Now, any time you say "IF" you are speaking hypothetically, and when speaking hypothetically you have to consider variables on which you make a prediction of the outcome. Realistically, Cam is a QB with a ton of athleticism and potential, but he is not beyond criticism statistically. He is ranked somewhere in the middle third--realistically. So if a QB has a ton of potential and ability is ranked in the middle of the pack in his fourth year, he should be subject to criticism.

Those who say that he is awesome are forgetting the times he wasn't. It seems easy to blame his shortcomings on the OL and the WRs, when the truth is, nobody really knows to what degree those factors impact his play. You have to speculate and discuss his play hypothetically.

This should be Cam's year because I think the pieces are in place, but are fans going to call Cam great if he has the pieces and protection and is still not in the top 10 statistically? I am not. Cam has grown up a lot--that is something he admits. But get off the high horse. Calling fans who have statistically-supported opinions "morons" because they disagree with your hypothetical evaluation of Cam is childish. If Cam had nothing left to prove, he would have a contract by now paying him as the best qb in the league.

If you disagree with this, I can't help you because you are too emotionally involved to consider logic or reason. What I have seen is people questioning his judgement, accuracy, and consistency. He gets down when the team is behind and rarely is the spark that revives the team--He is growing into that role, but if people see it like I do and share it, they are just being honest. It does not mean they are going to hell or homeland security will start monitoring their web searches.

Basically... "if you agree with me you are being honest, if you don't you are just too emotionally involved"

lol

But get off the high horse.  Calling fans who have statistically-supported opinions "morons" because they disagree with your hypothetical evaluation of Cam is childish.  If Cam had nothing left to prove, he would have a contract by now paying him as the best qb in the league. 

If you disagree with this, I can't help you because you are too emotionally involved to consider logic or reason.

You've talked down to and called people names in threads about Cam as much as anyone else.

Perhaps you should ponder your own statement to others about being too emotionally involved to consider logic or reason.

Archived