• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is Cam's year to silence a lot of critics

Khaki Lackey

First of all. Cam doesn't need to prove anything to me. I've watched every NFL snap he's played and I know he's got the goods.

There is, however, a large contingent of morons that still spout out the "immature" "just a running back" narrative. (Read the comments on any article about Cam if you insist on proof.)

Our schedule this year provides Cam with an opportunity for a publicity tour of delusional fan bases. Cam has a chance to showcase his abilities in front of the Hawks fans at home and their temporary Wolfpacker Russ Wilson bandwagoners, the redneck Carolina Skins fans, the dolts that say RG3 is a better QB, the Luck-huggers, the Chip Kelly fanbois, the cheese-headed discount double checkers, and the freakin' Reverse Cowgirls on Turkey Day. These teams not only have obnoxious, ignorant fans, but they have huge bandwagon fan bases right here in NC.

It's going to be sweet watching Cam serve them all some Crowjangles[emoji768] canjun spiced blackbird with a side of fries that doesn't have nearly enough seasoning on them. (seriously, I'll give the person behind the counter a tip if they just hand me the damn shaker.)

Thanks for reading my cool story, bros!

Cam definitely took a step back last year but there's plenty of reasonable explanations as to why (injuries, talent surrounding him, etc) and he didn't regress so far that I feel worried in the slightest. 

Having said that, I would like to see him be more consistent with his throws and accuracy, improve his footwork, and "own" the offense in ways that Brees, Brady, Ryan, Manning, etc. do. We saw glimpses of that especially when he ran no huddle. It was a thing of beauty watching that stuff. Hopefully he can do it more next year. 

Yeah, it is Cam's year to show everyone. I've watched every one of his pro snaps, just like everyone here. He's a phenomenal athlete, charismatic and has everything it takes to be a QB.

But...

He's got to win and he's got to win in the playoffs, or we're looking at Michael Vick (minus the bad publicity) all over again: great athlete, should be an elite NFL QB, but never reaches the potential.

Football is a quarterback driven sport, and the only statistic that matters in the end is the Win-Loss ratio. A quarterback either wins games or doesn't.

Going into this season, Cam's win-loss-tie ratio is 31-31-1. In the same span of time, Jake Delhomme (nowhere near the athlete Cam is) posted a win-loss ratio for us of 36-25 (his fourth season was cut short three games). Kerry Collins (and no one is going to cheer him as a great QB) posted a 26/26 record his four years with us (only 4 games in 1998 -- all losses).

Playoff wins and losses for them for the first four years here are:

Newton: 1-2

Delhomme: 5-2

Collins: 1-2

Rushing, passing, all other stats aside, if we aren't winning, it doesn't matter. If we aren't striking deep into the playoffs, we're basically the Cincinnati Bengals.

Right now, historically Cam is neck and neck with Kerry Collins, another guy we thought was a franchise QB. A QB with Cam's skillset should be way ahead of Collins at this point in his career. He should have won more games.

So yeah, this year, Cam really needs to show everyone. He needs to make that leap and pay off the hope we've all invested in him. You can blame injuries, coaching and the quality of other players as much as you want, but Collins and Delhomme had the same issues. It's time for Cam to rise up and at least soar above Collins. 

He's got much more work ahead to match up with Delhomme. 

Yeah, it is Cam's year to show everyone. I've watched every one of his pro snaps, just like everyone here. He's a phenomenal athlete, charismatic and has everything it takes to be a QB.

But...

He's got to win and he's got to win in the playoffs, or we're looking at Michael Vick (minus the bad publicity) all over again: great athlete, should be an elite NFL QB, but never reaches the potential.

Football is a quarterback driven sport, and the only statistic that matters in the end is the Win-Loss ratio. A quarterback either wins games or doesn't.

Going into this season, Cam's win-loss-tie ratio is 31-31-1. In the same span of time, Jake Delhomme (nowhere near the athlete Cam is) posted a win-loss ratio for us of 36-25 (his fourth season was cut short three games). Kerry Collins (and no one is going to cheer him as a great QB) posted a 26/26 record his four years with us (only 4 games in 1998 -- all losses).

Playoff wins and losses for them for the first four years here are:

Newton: 1-2

Delhomme: 5-2

Collins: 1-2

Rushing, passing, all other stats aside, if we aren't winning, it doesn't matter. If we aren't striking deep into the playoffs, we're basically the Cincinnati Bengals.

Right now, historically Cam is neck and neck with Kerry Collins, another guy we thought was a franchise QB. A QB with Cam's skillset should be way ahead of Collins at this point in his career. He should have won more games.

So yeah, this year, Cam really needs to show everyone. He needs to make that leap and pay off the hope we've all invested in him. You can blame injuries, coaching and the quality of other players as much as you want, but Collins and Delhomme had the same issues. It's time for Cam to rise up and at least soar above Collins.

He's got much more work ahead to match up with Delhomme.

Horrible logic.

Geno is so good that NYJ would take mariota at 5.

Squirrel is about the equivalent to Geno.

Both are sub par, both have irratiinal tempertantrums (geno storming out after not being picked in round 1) and both will be, or have been replaced (mod demotion).

See you dont even have your facts straight.  I step down on my own was tired of dealing with retards like you. 

Archived