• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins has begun visits

top dawg

Welp, we had dinner with him at some point in time. Probably at Applebee's in Pineville.

@Rand_Getlin: Collins also had workouts with the #Chargers, #Bengals and #Eagles, dinner with the #Panthers and #Saints. Worth noting.

Better have sprung for that damn artichoke dip.

He could certainly beat out Henderson and Koundijo to be a starting tackle in Buffalo.

Unlikely. That's two fellow top talents with a whole extra year of NFL coaching, weight training, learning the offense etc

This isn't Willie Roaf we are talking about

Lilsmitty ------ helloooooooooo Lilsmitty. Panther Nation needs your help sir. If you were to put together a HOT little video to warmly invite La'el to join our TEAM....maybe  Trai can make sure he see it. How could he say no to that. Do what you do Lilsmitty.

Lilsmitty ------ helloooooooooo Lilsmitty. Panther Nation needs your help sir. If you were to put together a HOT little video to warmly invite La'el to join our TEAM....maybe Trai can make sure he see it. How could he say no to that. Do what you do Lilsmitty.

Maybe something with a tiger and a panther. Tigra and Panthro? Or maybe just tweet him an episode of Thundercats. I think I might be bad at this.

One team we might have to worry about is the Bucs, if it's true that both of their OT spots are up for grabs:

-Clearly biased so I'll call it a pitch. The Bucs OLine last year was awful. We ditched our starting left tackle and our right tackle regressed to serviceable. As such, both tackle positions are up for grabs immediately.

-Somewhere with an opportunity to start and look good. I'll be biased and say the Bucs are a good fit. He'd play next to Logan Mankins, an ideal mentor who while declining was still a top 10 guard by PFF standards. We drafted his roommate Kwon Alexander in the 4th round. Florida has no income tax so he'd end up making more money with his low first contract and beyond.

Get rid of our owner?

Pretty ignorant thing to say.

Aaahh, hit a nerve, huh?  :lol:

Yes let's fire Jerry and hire a new owner.

LOL not that I agree with your assessment of the team owner, but I would like you to outline how we would go about changing the ownership of the team.... humor me please

Oh, if it could be that easy. :)

On the first hand, I was just trolling to see who would bite, but I see most of the people here didn't take the bait.  

Secondly, I never said that we can replace good ol' JR, I basically said if JR is a hindrance then it would be an indicator "that it's time for a new owner"

Third, if you look at my quote right up there "Oh, if it could be so easy", then that should tell you that I know there really ain't a damned thing we can do except grin and bear it.  

At the end of the day, JR is apparently a non-issue in this instance, the way that I am interpreting the reports and Gettleman's cryptic comments about the situation when asked about Collins.  So, I am going to get off yall's favorite owner (not that I really got on him to begin with).  

Suffice it to say that I am amused.  :D  

One team we might have to worry about is the Bucs, if it's true that both of their OT spots are up for grabs:

-Clearly biased so I'll call it a pitch. The Bucs OLine last year was awful. We ditched our starting left tackle and our right tackle regressed to serviceable. As such, both tackle positions are up for grabs immediately.

-Somewhere with an opportunity to start and look good. I'll be biased and say the Bucs are a good fit. He'd play next to Logan Mankins, an ideal mentor who while declining was still a top 10 guard by PFF standards. We drafted his roommate Kwon Alexander in the 4th round. Florida has no income tax so he'd end up making more money with his low first contract and beyond.

Idk.... You'll have to deal with our defense...... I wouldn't want that haha

Idk.... You'll have to deal with our defense...... I wouldn't want that haha

I know. I was thinking about that yesterday, though not in relation to Collins, but Famous Jameis.  Collins or no Collins, that young man may end up as a tasty morsel for CJ, Alexander, Ealy, Star, and Short.  And that doesn't include the other rotational guys and our nasty linebackers.  

The kid is going to have to make a believer out of me, because I just don't see how we aren't going to eat his lunch this year. I will easily throw La'el Collins right in there with him.  

Archived