• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La'el Collins has begun visits

top dawg

I seen a panther fan saying lael collins narrowed it down to 3 teams and we were one of the teams but I couldent find anything on it. Prob talking out his ass . Anyone else here anything like that?

Supposedly his agent called teams and let them know they were out of the running for him (based on fit alone) 

Haven't heard who those teams were though 

Well we are definitely interested.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2015/05/trai-turner-doing-his-best-to-recruit-show-support-for-lael-collins.html

Police in Baton Rouge have said Collins is “still not a suspect,” but a Panthers source told me the team is in wait-and-see mode until he is completely cleared, if and when that happens.

So people can stop asking that question.

How are people still thinking he would get offered more somewhere else? There's a max and every team will offer him thay

There is a max, but there are quite a few different ways his contract can be structured. Teams get a total of $86k in signing bonus to split amongst all their UDFAs. We didn't sign too many so it is possible we still have more of that pool remaining than most teams. Then there is the ability to guarantee his salary which has no limit as far as the percentage of the salary. I imagine most teams would be willing to guarantee the full salary for all 3 years to Collins since it's a total of $1.3M and that will probably be required by his agent to sign him.

Assuming we are willing to guarantee his whole deal which we should and still have a decent amount of UDFA signing bonus money left, we should be able to offer him as good or better a deal as any team can. When you factor in our OL situation and the ability to showcase his talent early on a top team so he can get that big 2nd contract, we should certainly be front runners for his services. The issue will be whether we are willing to commit to that before he is fully cleared(probably not) and how hard we will recruit him before being fully cleared. Those will be mitigating factors. I think we have a good chance but I'm pessimistic.

Four Dolphin players meet with La'el: LB Kelvin Sheppard, WR Jarvis Landry and DT Anthony "Freak" Johnson, who were teammates of Collins at LSU, flew to Louisiana to meet La'el. Joining them on the flight was the Dolphins 2-time Pro Bowl (2013, 2014) center Mike Pouncey (of Florida)

Trey Schmaltz @ treyschmaltz

10h

Anthony Johnson shares this pic on instagram (of Jarvis Landry and Mike Pouncey)..

Anthony Johnson @ freakxlsu

12h

Jet life Going bring my Brother back to South Beach....

CERBGo1WMAI2CcS.jpg

Andy Slater @ AndySlater

11h

Private jet currently headed to Baton Rouge from Opa-locka

airport.

Brett Buffington @ BrettBuffington

10h

Inbound flight to @BTRairport expected to land any minute with

@MiamiDolphins entourage on board @WBRZ

Robi @ Robi2184

8h

Dolphins players getting off jet and boarding a black suv in Baton Rouge.

Trey Schmaltz @ treyschmaltz

9h

We've got video of Miami Dolphins arriving in BR; entourage gets into black SUVs. See it on @WBRZ at 4p.

CEQ0cJ9XIAMziyb.png

CERW5MgWIAAdXPA.jpg

Andy Slater @ AndySlater

2h

Pilot who flew Pouncey, other Dolphins to Louisiana, has been

waiting by aircraft for hours. Guys must be having good time w/

La'el Collins

Andy Slater @ AndySlater

2h

La'el Collins selfie w/ Pouncey, former teammates outside

restaurant in Baton Rouge (pictured L to R are Kelvin Sheppard, La'el Collins, Mike Pouncey, Anthony 'Freak' Johnson)

CESkuU3WIAArNQN.jpg

BRANDON @ BRANDED9_

3h

wheres jarvis

Michael Cauble @ MichaelCauble

2h

talking to me, I ruined his selfie

Michael Cauble @ MichaelCauble

2h

Jarvis said that the Phins didn't foot the bill for the flight. I said, BS, said no for real.

Robi @ Robi2184

2h

#Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry tells @WBRZ he and his

teammates went to Baton Rouge to show support for La'el

Collins not to recruit him.

Robi @ Robi2184

2h

Landry said he'd love to to have Collins as his teammate again

but that decision was up to Collins, reiterated the trip was about

support

CBS 9 Sports Anchor Jacques Doucet @ JacquesDoucet

7h

Anthony "Freak" Johnson came into Walkon's parking lot, said

"you gotta go" and also grabbed camera. @wafb

CBS 9 Sports Anchor Jacques Doucet @ JacquesDoucet

3h

He confronted me in the parking lot, told me to leave and

grabbed my camera. Not a big deal

Robi @ Robi2184

4h

The Private Jet that took The Dolphins to Baton Rouge has yet to leave Baton Rouge, scheduled to depart at 7:02 pm, but the flight has been delayed.

Robi @ Robi2184

2h

La'el Collins will remain in Louisiana, he is NOT coming to Miami with #Dolphins players as it had been speculated.

Could you imagine the uproar if he did choose us but JR refused to sign him. "We are flattered Collins would choose the Panthers, but according to my pie chart.. We good.. But thanks for trying."

This makes no sense. You realize that right?

Life goes on fellas. Plus, you aren't necessarily going to grieve publicly. Wearing a mask in times of grieving is fully understandable.  The kid may not even had time to grieve honestly, as I am sure the past week has been a whirlwind. You just don't know what's going on in his mind as far as that's concerned. It has been approximately six months which can be a lifetime for young people and their relationships.

I mean, for all we know, the girl got pregnant by someone else and he felt some type of way about it, and simply moved on mentally and emotionally.  Just because we don't see any emotion doesn't mean that he hasn't had any, but, like I said, people have to continue living.

Archived