• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A little trouble in paradise (Seattle)? RW contract talks

Let me get this straight. You guys are gonna go all shitty because a 26 year old QB, who has been starting for 3 seasons, been to 2 Super Bowls, won 1, while getting paid about a half mil a season, is now going to get paid?

Please. If this was Cam, you'd be telling JR to give him whatever he wants.

Let me get this straight. You guys are gonna go all shitty because a 26 year old QB, who has been starting for 3 seasons, been to 2 Super Bowls, won 1, while getting paid about a half mil a season, is now going to get paid?

Lol and Cam deserves more

Que excuses

we better fuging win the super bowl this year. our window is about to slam shut with this cam contract looming.

Wait wut? A Super Bowl window? We have one? When the fug did this happen?! All the sportswriters keep saying Cam sucks, we relied on too many rookies, they can't understand our draft this year, and Brees or Ryan are much more deserving of a playoff shot,

What the hell is in Charlotte anyway? No reason to visit there, so no reason to care about the Panthers. Uh-oh deadline's here. Just stick to the stereotypes and turn in the usual crap. Nobody in the Northeast or California cares anyway, and that's the audience we try to please.

I am sure he will but considering we can franchise him for at least 2 years before he is making 20 million and there is no signing bonus and it is a series of 1 year contracts we get him for at least 7 years for less money than signing him long term. Getting 40 million guaranteed as a signing bonus is a strong incentive to sign. Plus Wilson has been more successful than Cam in less time. Cam has the stats but Wilson has what is valued in the league which is wins and stayed healthy. Truthfully Cam should not get as much as Wilson based on results.

Franchise tag would be about 18-19 million first year, second would be 20% more. if you count the 5th year, He would be making 53-54 million fully guaranteed over the next three seasons.

Fisrt three years in a long term deal would likely pay less then what he will make by sitting pat.

Plus Wilson has been more successful than Cam in less time. Cam has the stats but Wilson has what is valued in the league which is wins and stayed healthy. Truthfully Cam should not get as much as Wilson based on results.

Wilson is good, but you are being incredibly silly by just nonchalantly omitting the fact that Seattle has had the best defense in the league the last few years to pair with the most dominant running back in the league as well. Russell damn sure wasn't out there just willing that team to the Super Bowl all by himself.

Wanting to be paid like a starting QB is understandable. Wanting to be paid the highest salary in NFL history is ridiculous.

From seahawks.net:

Honestly anything under $20 million/year should be considered a bargain for Wilson.

If he does insist on that kind of dough per year, I would franchise him for 2 years then let him walk and get 1st round comp pick.
:huh:

I knew we should've drafted "Crab Legs" Winston.

If RW was a free agent right now, how much do you think the bidding would end up at? I think $25 million AYP would certainly be within the range of possibility, and all it would take is $22.1 AYP for him to be highest paid ever...

I've argued many times already that Wilson's real value to the team is much higher than $20 million or even $25 million,

This franchise was effectively nothing before Russell. He brought us a ring and almost another. He's the most exciting player in the NFL today, the face of this Franchise, arguably the face of the NFL itself

However, there is one guy who gets it (though the post was laden with sarcasm):

It's an awful lot of money to pay a game manager.

The NFL and GMs created this beast. They made the Quarterback position essential to winning with rules changes that favor the passing game. And then all these GMs have offered massive contracts because they realize without a star QB their job is not for long.

But spending 1/7th of your cap space on one player who isn't even considered "great" at his position is breaking the cap. Russel Wilson is a pretty good QB, no doubt about it. But average QBs like Andy Dalton, Kaepernick, Flacco, and even Alex Smith are making silly money.

At some point a GM just has to throw his hands up and say "I'm not making you the highest paid QB just because your contract is up". Really that is where we are, a QB gets in the final year of their deal and they expect max money even if their 12th best in the league.

it won't stop with that, as another team would still offer up the money to the qb that a team lets go.

As much as everyone will hate for me to say it cam cant expect to get paid the same as russell. Russell has a ring and another super bowl appearance. Cam hasnt made it past the divisional round. Lucks pay will be what cam deserves.

wished it worked like that.

He should get more. And Luck will likely get more after seeing the other two unfold. I love where we are.

I for one don't like Wilson setting the mark at highest paid player ever. That means Cam would be more than that.

Archived