• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Lee Ward

Jeremy Igo

Smitty was an elite WR too.

Steve Smith is also 36 years old.

He is a below average FB. He is a pretty good RB.

Okay,so are you classifying him as a RB or a FB?

As a RB he's a damn good blocker for the position, and can also get his hands dirty in pounding the rock.

As a FB he's about average if you go solely off his blocking abilities, but blows about every other FB out the water with his running ability.

Tolbert is a unique player, and if not for him I'd wager we wouldn't have been anywhere near successful as we were in 2013.  Just think back to all the crucial 3rd and 4th down conversions he made when we made him a staple of the offense.  He also had some pretty highlight blocks that year.

Steve Smith is also 36 years old.

Okay,so are you classifying him as a RB or a FB?

As a RB he's a damn good blocker for the position, and can also get his hands dirty in pounding the rock.

As a FB he's about average if you go solely off his blocking abilities, but blows about every other FB out the water with his running ability.

Tolbert is a unique player, and if not for him I'd wager we wouldn't have been anywhere near successful as we were in 2013. Just think back to all the crucial 3rd and 4th down conversions he made when we made him a staple of the offense. He also had some pretty highlight blocks that year.

I classify him as a RB forced to try to play FB solely on his girth. He has great feet for a guy his size but as far as a lead blocker, he isn't very good. I think back to the Buffalo game where he had 2 chances to pick up a first late in the game but we had to settle for a FG and a loss.

Hell he probably IS the best fullback in the league when healthy. He doesn't have a history of injury problems either... poo just happens sometimes.

tolbert.gif

mike-tolbert-lowers-helmet-and-knocks-ou

fatdomination.gif

Dude was as instrumental as anybody to our success in 2013. Plenty more plays than the ones above and he laid out some pretty big clutch blocks in crucial moments. That game winning TD pass to Hixon against the Saints for one. Tolbert chipped the LBer (or safety, can't remember) who had a free run right at Cam just enough to throw him off balance and let Cam get the pass off.

That last gif is the definition of Toldozing

Archived