• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dean Marlowe big hitting safety..

rmoneyg35

Here's a little story on our UDFA safety.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dgBKJ

I didn't know the guy was known as a big hitter. Kicked out of some games for some big hits which he believes wouldn't be illegal in the NFL. 12 career interceptions with 4 last season. Could he be a diamond in the rough or just camp fodder? With the safeties we currently have I could see him making the practice squad.

We have a tightening roster, but I see several UDFAs who could make the team.

DB Brian Blechan, --Utah  big hitter, smart player.  Potential special teams ace with ability to backup OLB.  Smart player.  I see him on the PS at worst, beating out Klein at best.
OL Daniel Blitch, --Charlotte Will not make team or PS
WR Damiere Byrd, --South Carolina PS is my guess
DT Darious Cummings, --Florida There used to be a bunch of DTs in the league that were never drafted--I dunno.
S Dean Marlowe, --James Madison What exactly do we have at SS?  He has a real shot to make the team--period.
DT Authur Miley, --Southern -- He is a 6'6" 250lb DE.  4.8 40.  17 reps.  Needs muscle but can be a 270 lb, 6'6" DE in time.  PS?
DE Steve Miller, Ohio State -- No chance, in limited my opinion.
CB Garry Peters, Clemson -- I think he makes the 53-man team.
DT Terry Redden, Memphis -- I am guessing any DT who can beat out Cole has a shot.
RB Brandon Wegher, Morningside -- I think they are going to LOVE this kid, but I have little to go on.  Hard nosed.
P Matt Wile, Michigan -- nope

I took this list from BBR, but it lacks the FB we just signed.  He has a shot, but I am guessing Tolbert and Brockel have to get cut first. 

I took this list from BBR, but it lacks the FB we just signed.

That's because Ward was a tryout guy and these are our UDFAs (save for Blitch, not sure why he's on there as he wasn't even signed after tryouts). Cummings was also just released.

I wish we would have been able to sign safety, Anthony Harris out of Virginia. I felt like our UDFA was probably the worst it has been since Gettleman has been here but we also have more talent which means less room for the UDFA.

We have a tightening roster, but I see several UDFAs who could make the team.

DB Brian Blechan, --Utah  big hitter, smart player.  Potential special teams ace with ability to backup OLB.  Smart player.  I see him on the PS at worst, beating out Klein at best.

OL Daniel Blitch, --Charlotte Will not make team or PS

WR Damiere Byrd, --South Carolina PS is my guess

DT Darious Cummings, --Florida There used to be a bunch of DTs in the league that were never drafted--I dunno.

S Dean Marlowe, --James Madison What exactly do we have at SS?  He has a real shot to make the team--period.

DT Authur Miley, --Southern -- He is a 6'6" 250lb DE.  4.8 40.  17 reps.  Needs muscle but can be a 270 lb, 6'6" DE in time.  PS?

DE Steve Miller, Ohio State -- No chance, in limited my opinion.

CB Garry Peters, Clemson -- I think he makes the 53-man team.

DT Terry Redden, Memphis -- I am guessing any DT who can beat out Cole has a shot.

RB Brandon Wegher, Morningside -- I think they are going to LOVE this kid, but I have little to go on.  Hard nosed.

P Matt Wile, Michigan -- nope

I took this list from BBR, but it lacks the FB we just signed.  He has a shot, but I am guessing Tolbert and Brockel have to get cut first. 

Cummings was already cut today.

Could see Byrd and Wegher on the PS with Marlowe and Peters making the 53. White and Lester may be sacrificed to PS to make room for them.

Archived