• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady suspended 4 games, pats lose 1st rounder in 2016 and 4th in 2017

It doesn't matter if both teams did it, cheating by definition is breaking the rules to gain an advantage. Obviously I'm not saying it's the same magnitude or complexity, but just something to think about in this whole cheating is cheating period mindset.

And I'm not a Brady lover by any means I hate that whiny fugger, but definitely think that Goodell's decision and past decisions weighs too much on public opinion and expectations.

No public or media outrage for accountability and punishment? --> Way lighter suspension.

It doesn't matter if both teams did it, cheating by definition is breaking the rules to gain an advantage. Obviously I'm not saying it's the same magnitude or complexity, but just something to think about in this whole cheating is cheating period mindset.

And I'm not a Brady lover by any means I hate that whiny fugger, but definitely think that Goodell's decision and past decisions weighs too much on public opinion and expectations.

No public or media outrage for accountability and punishment? --> Way lighter suspension.

I play darts at my neighbors house every weekend. He and his wife play teams against me and my wife. We play double in double out 301. But we let the wives do standard in-out rules. It's known at the beginning Of the game that we are both doing it, and it provides no unfair advantage for either side.

That's what the Panthers and Vikings did.

If my neighbor starts playing that his wife can hit standard in-out and mine has to hit double in double out, that's what the Pats did because it's advantageous to just that team.

And I really don't give two fugs about the Patriots deflating. Tom Terrific didn't cooperate with Goodell, and should therefore be punished because every other player that doesn't cooperate with Goodell has gotten their ass handed to them.

Just because 2 teams do the same thing in an isolated game doesn't change the rules to make it ok. I don't give a fug that they heated the balls that's not my point at all, just saying it for the high horse rule book thumpers.

I agree he should be punished, I just dislike that Goodell's punishments attempt to be in accordance with the media depending upon what they deem fair.

I just envision whatever room they are in trying to decide the sentence...

"Crap guys sounds like everyone is really pissed, people have been saying I should come down hard, geez idk what to do. ESPN has been saying 4 games, do you guys think that's fair?! God I hope this doesn't become a race thing, o god...I feel kind of naseous...maybe we can just decide this tomorrow??"

I play darts at my neighbors house every weekend. He and his wife play teams against me and my wife. We play double in double out 301. But we let the wives do standard in-out rules. It's known at the beginning Of the game that we are both doing it, and it provides no unfair advantage for either side.

That's what the Panthers and Vikings did.

If my neighbor starts playing that his wife can hit standard in-out and mine has to hit double in double out, that's what the Pats did because it's advantageous to just that team.

And I really don't give two fugs about the Patriots deflating. Tom Terrific didn't cooperate with Goodell, and should therefore be punished because every other player that doesn't cooperate with Goodell has gotten their ass handed to them.

I play a similar game in the cul-de-sac every weekend with my wife that involves car keys and a fishbowl...but I digress.

The little nugget, the piece de resistance, the bestest thing about this is....Tom Brady is forever labeled a cheat.

Wanna bet he cries about this poo too when he is interviewed for some 30 for 30 in 10 years?

c66909fbb9a1271e8ad353801057bc9f4b65afa0

I see it as two teams not knowing they were breaking the rules, they were warned, and they stopped.

I see the Patriots as a team that delineated went underneath the league rules to gain an unfair advantage. They were caught and tried to cover it up. That's the difference in your cheating is cheating argument.

One is ignorant, the other is willful.

First of all, the Panthers and Vikings did nothing in conspiracy. What they did was known while it was happening.

I never really cared enough about the whole issue of the deflated balls.

It's not enough to be an issue in my eyes.

That being said, the Patriots are repeat offenders wgen it comes to cheating.

I'm also really disappointed that the head coach gets off.

IMO, if there is any punishment meant on this, the head coach should be included.

Oh well.

Fug the Patriots.

I see everyone going both ways on this issue, but I have to side with those who did not think the punishment was enough. For the team, you took 2 draft picks, which are of great value. This is the only think I liked about the penalty.

1. You fined the organization $1million dollars when the revenue generated from cheating their way and winning the superbowl far exceeded the fine.

2. You suspend a person that lied about now knowing and could have possibly been involved in the process for only 4 games, understanding that is the same suspension for someone that is found guilty of substance abuse. It just do not add up.

How do all of you "cheating is cheating!" people feel about this then? Think the punishment was harsh and was a direct reflection of the media and public outrage just because it was Tom and the Pats, this is a non story on an irrelevant team. Total touch-n-go policy by Goodell, that's what this has become.

Last season, the Carolina Panthers and Minnesota Vikings were caught, on a cold day, using sideline heaters to warm up footballs. That's against the rules. You can argue that it's not the same level as deflating footballs in a bathroom, but it has the same effect: something outside of the rules to make the football easier to grip and catch. The Panthers and Vikings were ... warned. That's it.

Both teams should be fined $50k and the employees who heated the balls should be suspended a game or two. They broke the rules and should be punished even if it was out of ignorance but don't try to equate it to a systematic and coordinated effort to deflate balls without the referees knowledge after the referees have signed off on them then attempted to cover it up.

Archived