• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lmao....

Jeremy Igo

I'm not gonna make fun of Chris because Julius nearly killed him. Literally. He had emergency surgery to remove a ruptured spleen and it ended his career. It appears the hit also scrambled his brain.

I wish I could find a copy of that game. Peppers singlehandedly beat the Bucs. One of the most dominant games by a defensive player ever.

That was an impressive one for sure, but I don't think anything compares to the game Peppers had against the Raiders in 2008.  That was the first game where we really saw the post-surgery Jake Delhomme do his best Jamarcus Russell impersonation.  I think he only completed like 6 or 7 passes and threw 4 interceptions.  But Peppers was just not gonna let us lose that game.  He manhandled that Raiders team and made them his bitch.

Simms stayed in for a few more plays after the big hit, if I recall. He wasn't short on toughness. It's kind of petty to call him a wimp because he spleen was ruptured and he was never able to get his career back on track. The kid was stuck behind a terrible O-line that day and the Panthers turned him into a tackling dummy that day.

He's lucky to be alive, really.

Rough moment aside, though, as broadcasters/talking heads, the Simms deserve a lot of criticism. It's like they thought they should have been where the Manning family is today in football and the bitterness just seeps through.

I'm not gonna make fun of Chris because Julius nearly killed him. Literally. He had emergency surgery to remove a ruptured spleen and it ended his career. It appears the hit also scrambled his brain.

I wish I could find a copy of that game. Peppers singlehandedly beat the Bucs. One of the most dominant games by a defensive player ever.

Ehhh, i hate to be that guy, but iirc, Al Wallace was the guy who destroyed Simms and his spleen.

That was an impressive one for sure, but I don't think anything compares to the game Peppers had against the Raiders in 2008.  That was the first game where we really saw the post-surgery Jake Delhomme do his best Jamarcus Russell impersonation.  I think he only completed like 6 or 7 passes and threw 4 interceptions.  But Peppers was just not gonna let us lose that game.  He manhandled that Raiders team and made them his bitch.

Even Jamarcus never looked as bad as Jake looked that game.

7 of 27 passing for 72 yards, 4 interceptions.

Archived