• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL moves extra point to 15 yard line

Dex

I know it's not THAT common...but seems like there's more than a few PAT that are pulled or pushed drastically and not drilled down the middle.  Those will go wide now. Small change, but one that may make teams gamble more.  Or out-think themselves and get into holes. 

I don't think it will mean that many more 2pt conversions. From the 15 will only slightly decrease the percentage of made extra points. From 99 to 98 percent or something along that line

Espn was dissecting and said a 32 yard FG % success rate was 91%

The 2 point play was 47%

So you technically have a higher percent chance of getting 2 points off 2 two point attempts than 2 32 yard PATs

Therefore attempting 2 two point plays become vastly more appealing to many teams. Will it? probably not for many.

I don't think it will mean that many more 2pt conversions. From the 15 will only slightly decrease the percentage of made extra points. From 99 to 98 percent or something along that line

I agree it won't be a big difference but I would say like 95-96% (there are actual odds if someone wants to research it). It could be a game changer for like one game a season. If it helps you win great. If no and you lose then it is the worst rule change ever.

The 2 point play was 47%

So you technically have a higher percent chance of getting 2 points off 2 two point attempts than 2 32 yard PATs

Therefore attempting 2 two point plays become vastly more appealing to many teams. Will it? probably not for many.

What? That's not how probability works. You have a 49.8% chance of making one two point conversion in two tries. You have a 82.1% chance of making both PATs.

The 2 point play was 47%

You're making my head hurt. Please explain some more.

Archived