• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2011 NFL draft revisited, would you take JJ Watt over Cam?

There's only one factor that really matters outside of Madden when it comes to franchise quarterbacks -- games won. Right now, in a comparison of first four years with the team, Cam has a record of 30-31-1, which isn't exactly lighting up the field. Heck, it doesn't even compare favorably to Jake Delhomme's record of 35-25 for the same time span.

That's Jake Delhomme beating him out as our quarterback over a four year span. Playoff record for each during the same span: Cam 1-2, Jake 5-2. 

You can throw out all of the excuses for Cam that you want, but when you look back at a quarterback's career, the questions are a) Did they win games? B) Did they win the big games?

So when I look at Cam's record and it can't even match up to Jake's, yeah I would choose Watt over Cam with a roll of the dice as to who our QB would have been.

I still hold out hope that Cam will be more of a winner than a celebrity this year. Franchise QBs play in the Pro Bowl, great quarterbacks are busy preparing for the Super Bowl.

I do recall many posters stating how you're awful.  You have brought literally nothing to this discussion.  Besides bashing someone for their opinion, and lack of understanding on what part?  Because I would take RW & Watt over Luke and Cam right now?  Okay, many other people that watch the NFL would do the same thing.  We had a discussion last year who would you rather have?  Luke or J.J. and the majority of this board took J.J.  Luke is the best LB in the game, but Watt is a game changer.  

Someone said something mean? Oh that's terrible.

Let me tell you something about those "many other people that watch the NFL", a large portion of them are bandwagon morons who merely go on name recognition versus actually knowing anything about a player, particularly ones who play opposite their favorite football team.

I think Watt is a damn good football player, he may be a "game changer", but that doesn't necessarily = overall success (33-31) as Texans fans can tell you.

Are you seriously referencing a message board poll to back up your opinion? I vaguely recall that thread, and it was a split if anything.

Luke isn't just the best LB in the game, he's the best middle line backer. I assume, or at least hope that you know the difference.

I'm just thinking of what it would be like to have JJ Watt, yet watch the guy we passed over setting passing records in his first two years and leading the Texans to two straight playoff appearances.

I'm not even worried about the quarterback.  We would have Anderson or some game manager type leading a ground and pound attack, and a defense to keep games close.  It would be the 2009 Panthers all over again.

Basically, I'm glad we got Cam.  

It's hard to say because if you are going back in time knowing what you know now and you take JJ Watt then that means you also know how the rest of these drafts turn out.

That means nobody would have gone where they went, the teams we played against wouldn't have had the personnel they had, so our record probably wouldn't have been the same to draft where we did in subsequent drafts.

But I'll take Cam anyway. I like his personality and I like how people poo on him and I get an opportunity to make them look stupid.

Someone said something mean? Oh that's terrible.

Let me tell you something about those "many other people that watch the NFL", a large portion of them are bandwagon morons who merely go on name recognition versus actually knowing anything about a player, particularly ones who play opposite their favorite football team.

I think Watt is a damn good football player, he may be a "game changer", but that doesn't necessarily = overall success (33-31) as Texans fans can tell you.

Are you seriously referencing a message board poll to back up your opinion? I vaguely recall that thread, and it was a split if anything.

Luke isn't just the best LB in the game, he's the best middle line backer. I assume, or at least hope that you know the difference.

I do know the difference, but JJ Watt scores TD's as well.  And no, it wasn't split.  Watt had a good 20 vote lead by the time the thread died because I created it.  And the bandwagoners you speak of I rarely associate myself with.  I can't talk to someone that hops on a team because they're "good" at a certain point in their life.  Half of NBA fans are this way with players.  Sigh.  Anyway, it doesn't matter.  I'm pretty content with Luke and Cam.  I just want a Super Bowl in my lifetime and I'll be happy.    

I do know the difference, but JJ Watt scores TD's as well.  And no, it wasn't split.  Watt had a good 20 vote lead by the time the thread died because I created it.  And the bandwagoners you speak of I rarely associate myself with.  I can't talk to someone that hops on a team because they're "good" at a certain point in their life.  Half of NBA fans are this way with players.  Sigh.  Anyway, it doesn't matter.  I'm pretty content with Luke and Cam.  I just want a Super Bowl in my lifetime and I'll be happy.

Watt has 1 career interception, and 1 defensive touchdown.

GAME CHANGER.

lol

Lol no. Taking Watt in 2011 doesn't guarantee the 1st pick in 2012 so this "we'd have Luck too" business is ridiculous. I wouldn't take that route even if we knew we could get Wilson to be our QB. When you need a QB and a guy like Cam is available you take him. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

exactly.

Once a team takes a different high profile pick, it will most definitely affect the rest of the draft, how the teams would finish, and every draft that follows.

You don't pass up on a franchise qb when you have the opportunity to get one.

Who the fug cares? Seattle did it. New York did it. All it means is that we wanted it more than New Orleans and Atlanta. We showed up when it counted.

Just to play devil's advocate here, many would argue that Seattle was where it counted, rather than December against teams with a combined 22-42 record.

I'm glad the Panthers won the division, and glad that they were the first to do it back to back for the first time in our division's short history, but sometimes i wonder how different the rhetoric on this board would be right now had 7-8-1 not won the division.

Archived