• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2011 NFL draft revisited, would you take JJ Watt over Cam?

And yet, Cam still hasn't reached Jake's level of wins. 

That's your argument?

Well let's take a look at that for a moment.

Delhomme: 7 seasons with the Panthers.

Newton: 4 seasons with the Panthers.

Cam, why don't you have more wins!?

I'm trying to be really really nice to you right now, but I want to you read this post as many times as possible so you can realize just how absurd your post was.

Considering we still haven't had a 1,000 yard RB since Cam has been here, this idea that we could have just inserted Wilson behind center here and coasted to a Super Bowl is dubious at best.

If Wilson isn't bringing Lynch or that secondary along with him, we can pretty much squash this right now.

That's your argument?

Well let's take a look at that for a moment.

Delhomme: 7 seasons with the Panthers.

Newton: 4 seasons with the Panthers.

Cam, why don't you have more wins!?

I'm trying to be really really nice to you right now, but I want to you read this post as many times as possible so you can realize just how absurd your post was.

Umm, I was just comparing their first four years with the team, not 7 years versus 4. Did you not check your math? If you'll look, you'll see in those stats compared, Cam had even played a couple more games than Jake in the four year span.

Cam is a great athlete and a heck of a football player, we're lucky to have him. He has not, however, lived up to his billing. I sure hope he does and I will keep cheering him on each Sunday that he is with us. But man, you've got to step back and say, "Okay Superman, show us that it's about something more than this."

Umm, I was just comparing their first four years with the team, not 7 years versus 4. Did you not check your math? If you'll look, you'll see in those stats compared, Cam had even played a couple more games than Jake in the four year span.

Cam is a great athlete and a heck of a football player, we're lucky to have him. He has not, however, lived up to his billing. I sure hope he does and I will keep cheering him on each Sunday that he is with us. But man, you've got to step back and say, "Okay Superman, show us that it's about something more than this."

You can't just compare those wins/losses in a vacuum, that is being incredibly obtuse.

The Panthers as a franchise were pretty different talent wise at the beginning and throughout each QB's career here.

Jake basically walked into having Steve Smith and Muhsin Muhammad at WR in their primes to grow with to start his career with the Panthers.

We weren't able to draft Newton an offensive starter to grow with (Kelvin Benjamin) literally until his 4th season, and that was the same season we gutted the entire WR core.

Your last comment at the end about Superman tells me exactly where your head is on this. It's the same tired bullshit we see on the Panthers facebook page day in and day out from Panthers "fans" telling Newton to get that towel off his head, to stop sulking, and to stop celebrating so much.

Archived