• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephen Hill and Corey Brown Impress at OTAs

Jeremy Igo

Hill has some crazy potential, with him working with ricky on the practice squad all last season can really make him improve. I wouldn't be shocked if our starting 3 wrs are kelvin funchess and hill. Now tell me that wouldn't be a scary wr core

We could have WRs that could run through, run past, or jump over any DB in the league. Sweet!!!!!

Hill's potential is so exciting.  I just hope playing with a strong armed QB helps him in similar ways it did Ginn.

Cam, KB, Funch, and Hill woukd be a damn freak show

​6'5 Cam, 6'5 KB 6'5 Funch, 6'5 Hill, 6'5 Olsen...  That has to be some kind of record where the QB and every receiver is 6'5.

• Pie 6

One of the more interesting things is how valuable Derek Anderson has proven to be. Helped us with a 2-0 record filling in for Cam last year and now he's helping the WRs get better by throwing real game simulated catchable passes. If we had Stefan LeFors running these drills our WR core would be fuged.

how's Hill's technique improved? Is it better than it was when they picked him off waivers last season?

Edited by frash.exe
  • Pie 1

One of the more interesting things is how valuable Derek Anderson has proven to be. Helped us with a 2-0 record filling in for Cam last year and now he's helping the WRs get better by throwing real game simulated catchable passes. If we had Stefan LeFors running these drills our WR core would be fuged.

how's Hill's technique improved? Is it better than it was when they picked him off waivers last season?

​wondering tis myself.

the biggest criticism that jeremy had was that hill never kept his eyes on the ball, they were always on his hands or where he wanted to go. is that something that improved?

I realize that I'm kind of stating the obvious, but Cam and DA have a lot to do with which WRs make the roster.

They control who they target, it's on the WR to catch the ball, but if they choose their favorites, there's not much a reciever can do (even if they bust their tail) to get a ball thrown to them.

Not trying to start some wazoo conspiracy here, just realize that there is some truth to it. I'd have zero problems if Philly and Hill continue to impress, and make the final roster

I realize that I'm kind of stating the obvious, but Cam and DA have a lot to do with which WRs make the roster.

They control who they target, it's on the WR to catch the ball, but if they choose their favorites, there's not much a reciever can do (even if they bust their tail) to get a ball thrown to them.

Not trying to start some wazoo conspiracy here, just realize that there is some truth to it. I'd have zero problems if Philly and Hill continue to impress, and make the final roster

​Ideally, the defense dictates who they target.  You start getting into trouble when you try to force the ball to a specific person.

Im not saying that having favorites has no effect.. but it shouldn't have a big one.

Also, coaches must have a way of preventing that from happening.  They must have a way of evaluating receivers without letting the quarterback decide who makes it based off of who his best friends/favorite receivers are.