• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Gettleman is this ingenious with Cam's contract...what comes next?

SIGCHI222

What's next? I think Dave walked into his house pointing at the boner sticking out of the top of his waist band and told his wife to get to work.

​he must be hung like a horse if it's able to stick out of the top of that waist band

Josh Norman will turn 28 this season. Doubt he gets anything over 2-3 years

​Yeah, he was like 24 when we drafted him.  Since he was developmental until age 27, he may simply not be worth an expensive extension.  CBs in this defense are not necessarily the best athletes on the team, something they have to be in other defenses.  We may simply move on from Norman, who will be 29 the first year of his new deal.  Yes, he will have a year or two left in him, possibly 3 in this defense, but don't forget--he was a 4.6 speed guy at 24.  When he loses a step, he is done. Another factor is the fact that most good CBs are smart.  Norman will probably never be called that.  The Panthers are in position to watch Peters and Teddy Williams for a season.  I think they really like Peters so far.  To me, he would have been a  great sixth round pick, and we got him as an UDFA.

My money is that DG goes after Davis and then a reasonable extension for CJ.  Something in the $6m range for Davis and something that brings CJ into the $10-11m area.

I'll be curious to see how DG plays out Johnson's contract.  He's aging and declining, so I doubt DG sees Johnson in the long term future.  I think it's going to be more of managing the horrific contract Hurney structured and how we reduce the massive cap hit. 

I'll be curious to see how DG plays out Johnson's contract.  He's aging and declining, so I doubt DG sees Johnson in the long term future.  I think it's going to be more of managing the horrific contract Hurney structured and how we reduce the massive cap hit. 

​We are going to eat the frog with this one.  Get this year behind us and we have a dead number of only 4M next season.  He can either be cut, extended, or play it out.  I don't see the last one happening.  Most likely will be extended for basement prices or cut.

I'm glad we have not touched his contract this offseason, Hurney would have certainly done so, and pushed back the pain.

I really don't think CJ is declining. He was injured the first part of last year. I think he is only about 28, so he has years of production ahead.

I'm sure he hasn't thought of that.

How do you propose he do so at this point in time?

​What is your point? The OP asked. It's obvious. Like he hasn't thought about the other moves/needs mentioned here. Give me a break man.

Where could I find the numbers on Cams contract and next years cap? I believe we ended up saving 1.6 million this season which to me is odd because you would think we would want to use the money for another season since we already have our roster in order. Unless Gettleman wants to extend someone and pay them more this year, like Norman.

Archived