• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

​tolbert played 3 games before he got hurt - we won two of those and lost one of them. We beat Detroit and Tampa Bay  ( wow )  He did not appear in a game again till we played Arizona which we won.  The next game was against the Seahawks which of course we lost.

Your story that he makes such a difference doesnt seem to have much basis.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/1616887/mike-tolbert

Scroll down to the game log that shows what games he played in this year. I stated we went 1-7-1 in games he was injured in or on temporary IR for. Pittsburgh would be the game he was injured. Can't fault the man for losing that game when he got hurt in it. Placed on TEMPORARY IR Sept. 22. Came off TEMPORARY IR Nov. 18. Played full game in Minnesota. Lost that one, then won the last 4 regular season games. That makes it 6-1 regular season with him playing the full game.

Looks like Tolbert's numbers were less than stellar after coming back, or at least not worth 2.5 mil? 

​Should we have cut Cam's pay last year since we paid him for 16 regular season games but only got 14? You of all people should know it's not all about the numbers. It's also about making the defense account for you to open things up for others. Or should we only pay our playmakers if they score a TD every game?

• Pie 1

​Should we have cut Cam's pay last year since we paid him for 16 regular season games but only got 14? You of all people should know it's not all about the numbers. It's also about making the defense account for you to open things up for others. Or should we only pay our playmakers if they score a TD every game?

Without numbers to back up play defenses will no longer worry about a player. Things change very quickly. Big running backs decline faster than any other type of player in football. Jerome Bettis went from pro bowl to out of the league in record time. I'm not saying Tolbert should be released, but don't be shocked if it is at least on the table for Gettleman.

Imagine Ward leading for Tolbert with a TE on the left and two of our fastest receivers on the right gone deep' then fake the run to the right' and bootleg Cam to the left while Olsen blocking that's two on one' Cam can also fake run and fallback with a lob past to Olsen' this will also work in the red zone with two big receivers to the right"" no matter what it 10 plus everytime guaranteed even if we run it because the line is offset to confuse the defense and at least one linebacker have to account for Olsen' plus if Tolbert makes it to 8 yards untouched he will dozer for no less then 2 more period!!

Without numbers to back up play defenses will no longer worry about a player. Things change very quickly. Big running backs decline faster than any other type of player in football. Jerome Bettis went from pro bowl to out of the league in record time.

I'm not saying Tolbert should be released

, but don't be shocked if it is at least on the table for Gettleman.

​We're good then. Seemed disingenuous that you'd leave off his receiving stats while questioning his production vs. salary.

Hey if Gettleman sees fit to release Tolbert, I'm not one to question the move. The Keg with Legs will be 29 this season, very close to the big 3-0 that no back wants to see. I trust Gettleman's plan to keep or cut him either way.

Without numbers to back up play defenses will no longer worry about a player. Things change very quickly. Big running backs decline faster than any other type of player in football. Jerome Bettis went from pro bowl to out of the league in record time. I'm not saying Tolbert should be released, but don't be shocked if it is at least on the table for Gettleman.

​Yea plus it kind of makes it obvious what we're going to do when we sub in Ward for Tolbert. Defenses will stack 8 since they know it'll be a run. With Ward in there full time, it could be anything. That's why I would like Tolbert to backup Stew at RB instead. 

I really like Razor's reference to him as a 6th OL.  With our T situation, that position is huge.  Ward is undoubtedly smart, and to be able to have him blow up LBs and stonewall DEs is something we have not had here since Hoover.

If u have Ward leading Tolbert somebody will get hurt everytime on defense' especially at the goal-line..

Exactly Tolbert is not a good lead blocker. Ward is what we need as a FB. Again no coincidence how our rushing went when we lost lead blocker like Hoover. We still have a spot for Tolbert, he is still a weapon at HB/FB in 3rd and long. Also could be in the RB rotation. Remember those giants teams we are trying to model? They had a good trio including a massive Jacobs. Tolbert running behind Lee through the holes Turner and possibly Williams will open will be dangerous. We want to be a physical team, well we sure as hell can be. We already know what Tolbert can do to DBs at a full head of steam

http://youtu.be/bnIibC_wlwQ

I think he could be a nice compliment running behind Lee at RB rotation. We could tear some teams up and wear them down. This is a physical mans games and we sure as heck are building a physical team

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

Exactly Tolbert is not a good lead blocker. Ward is what we need as a FB. Again no coincidence how our rushing went when we lost lead blocker like Hoover. We still have a spot for Tolbert, he is still a weapon at HB/FB in 3rd and long. Also could be in the RB rotation. Remember those giants teams we are trying to model? They had a good trio including a massive Jacobs. Tolbert running behind Lee through the holes Turner and possibly Williams will open will be dangerous. We want to be a physical team, well we sure as hell can be. We already know what Tolbert can do to DBs at a full head of steam

I think he could be a nice compliment running behind Lee at RB rotation. We could tear some teams up and wear them down. This is a physical mans games and we sure as heck are building a physical team

​That's the kind of tough Atlanta discusses being in their meetings about being tough.

I'd love for us to get a road-grading "Lorenzo Neal" type fullback to block, with Cam being so large maybe we don't need a short-yardage back at Fullback but can get a blocker who excels in space on the outside so a guy like Fozzy can break loose

A Coryell Offense runs way better when you have one of those.

• Pie 2