• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even if we have Ward in the backfield with Stew and have Olsen, KB and either Ginn,Philly or Hill they cannot put 8 in the box' who can hold KB one on one and you definitely need help over top of our fast 3' Or we can go without Olsen when Wards in so we can play even faster with KB and two fast receivers' someone one on one deep... I love Hill all-day one on one if he catches the durn ball!!!! Same with Ginn lol catch the ball please now Philly is spot on but stay on your feet'

So why are we talking about cutting Tolbert to make room for Ward when the better option was mentioned in the article, cut Brockel?

I think if the coaches believe he deserves a roster spot giving him Brockel's spot would make more sense.

(Not that I'm advocating getting rid of either just yet)

If anyone actually believes that Tolbert should be cut for this unproven undrafted guy... then you probably believed McNutt could be a #1.

​There's no correlation whatsoever. And look at how much each is getting paid.

So why are we talking about cutting Tolbert to make room for Ward when the better option was mentioned in the article, cut Brockel?

I think if the coaches believe he deserves a roster spot giving him Brockel's spot would make more sense.

(Not that I'm advocating getting rid of either just yet)

​There aren't 2 definite roster spots for the position. We have so much talent at WR now we might want to keep 6 so someone's got to go somewhere else. If Ward can truly be a beast lead-blocking FB, and Tolbert continues to be ineffective (and he was last season) then we should only keep him. I don't see any reason to keep Brockel, to be honest. All this is assuming that Ward is actually any good though. We haven't seen him in pads so this could possibly end up not being a debate at all.