• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

so whats up with Amini??

bLACKpANTHER

Amini came in as a raw athlete with concerns that he was a slow learner. He missed the end of his rookie season and almost the entire 2013 season. Last year he was a 3rd year guy with maybe 14 games played coming off a knee injury. He just never developed. He needed playing time and his injuries stunted that. I still think you bring him to camp and see if he can make the roster. 

Norwell played man football at a big school at a high level against big players. Amini played at a small high school level D3 college against small dudes. Norwell is an NFL caliber player. Amini was a project. Norwell is better, period end of story.

​And mean looking, you forgot mean looking.

amini had that one little blip i think during the first half of the 2013 season where he looked like a decent prospect. he put together a few good games in a row as a run blocker and got downfield a couple of times for some nice blocks.

he's still on his rookie deal, right? i imagine we'll hang onto him as cheap insurance policy and release him when it expires.

​Gross propped him up to look better than he really was

Linemen with knee injuries are in for a tough time. Otah, anyone?

The kid was a project and had some potential, but an injury like that can ruin many a good player.

​man i wish otah would have panned out. When he was playing and healthy he was a beast. Most likely set us a few years back.

He has played so little for us and when he has played hasn't been 100% so I don't have much of an opinion of him at all.

But I do know Norwell played great and deserves #1 slot

This is my point.   When Norwell came in, everyone noticed the improvement immediately.  Whenever Amini is hurt or out the game, there is a noticeable improvement no matter who it is.  The difference is Norwell = good.  Amini = Bad.  Even at 100% he looks bad.  What makes it all the more confusing is , in TC in the one on one drills he looks dominating sometimes.   In the game he occasionally does something (run blocking never passing) that make you go, hmmm.. the talent is there.   However on a consistent play by play basis he is bad.  You know what was Cam's best game last year?  The Cincinatti game.  Guess who got taken out early in the 1st quarter?  Silatolu. Once the Velasco's Foulcant, Chandlers, and Silatolus's stopped seeing signficant playing time, the all of a sudden we played better.  Cam can survive bad tackle play, bad guard play is his Kryptonite.

Amini was a project who was said to have high upside. He started to look good early prior to injuries. Remember at one point before first injury, he was grading put as a top 5 OG. Once his injuries hit he hasn't been the same. Like a rollercoaster, after going up now has dropped fast. Norwell though has looked real good and someone noted the other day that our staff has stated he looks like a 10 year starter.

Norwell played man football at a big school at a high level against big players. Amini played at a small high school level D3 college against small dudes. Norwell is an NFL caliber player. Amini was a project. Norwell is better, period end of story.

​Yes Yes but guys we should be thinking  positive, if he can put it together this year we will have excellent depth at the Guard position which is alway good if your running team like Panthers.

Archived