• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers lucky to have Proehl

Jeremy Igo

After seeing what Ricky did with KB in a year, I can't wait to see what he's able to do with KB in year two and Funch.

​^^ this  Year 2 with Benji and Corey AND Ted Ginn with shiny new toy Funchess. 

I think Proehl's coaching of Ginn is underestimated by many. Ginn's first tour of duty with us was his 2nd best season. His best was with Miami as a 2nd year player 8 years ago. 8 freakin' years ago. That just doesn't happen with WRs to go that long between career and 2nd best career years with that many statistically dead years in between the two.

• Pie 2

Proehl is a great asset to our franchise. He's done an awesome job with KB and I'm excited to see what he does with Funchess.

When the time comes I hope we can keep Ricky with an assistant OC title. He could take on more responsibilities and maybe one day transition to OC. I hate the thought of losing his talent to another franchise.

• Pie 4

One of the top five Panthers games I have been to in 200g against the Jags, Jake replaces an ineffective Peete and brings us from 17 down and hits Proehl in the left corner of the zone for winning TD with 15 seconds left. been a huge fan since then.

Lets keep him as long as we can. OC ?

One of the top five Panthers games I have been to in 200g against the Jags, Jake replaces an ineffective Peete and brings us from 17 down and hits Proehl in the left corner of the zone for winning TD with 15 seconds left. been a huge fan since then.

Lets keep him as long as we can. OC ?

Same for me. it will be hard to top how amazing that season was from beginning to end.

• Pie 1

Longtime visitors of the Huddle know how big I am on Ricky Proehl as a wide receivers coach. Over the past few seasons I have seen Proehl take a hands on approach to his guys and use his experience as a NFL player to teach the finer points of the position. 

Today was a good example of that. 

Ricky played defensive back as receivers practiced a curl with an ever so slight push off in the end zone. The kind of push off that gets six points, not a flag. Arms not extending fully, all well and good in the eyes of the NFL refs. 

​That nuanced push off in the endzone was Proehl's bread and butter play. No one did it better and if I recall, that was his Super Bowl TD pass with us.

If a receiver can learn to do it as well as he did, that receiver will have just as long of a career.

• Pie 2