• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2015 Roster Projection

Jeremy Igo

Rivera likes his players like he likes his bojangles fries..... Seasoned. 

That being said I don't like cotch making the roster but I can definitely see Rivera doing it. 

​You put foucault on the PS is he still too valuable for his size to get rid of him? I like him but has he shown anything that he has developed at all? 

• Pie 1

Rivera likes his players like he likes his bojangles fries..... Seasoned. 

That being said I don't like cotch making the roster but I can definitely see Rivera doing it. 

​You put foucault on the PS is he still too valuable for his size to get rid of him? I like him but has he shown anything that he has developed at all? 

​Not really.

Plus, I think it is pretty obvious no one else would pick him up off of our practice squad. At least, I hope it is.  

Wasn't Wes Horton the main starting DE after Hardy started making music full time? 

Don't know how to do multiquote on the app, but regarding your convo with Jeremy about Horton, I thought Horton was in on early downs because he was better against the run. Addison would come in on passing downs because he was better at getting to the QB. I'm not sure how that impacts either one's chances at making the final 53, but guys that get sacks are usually more valuable.

We'd be foolish to keep cotch bersin feels that role easily and ST depth lol.. Also the impact cotch would make(next to nothing) does not out weigh the 5to10 snaps a game we'd get from Hill.. Quick homeruns n mismatches..

Hill can't catch the ball consistently,a major strike against him unless something changes at caml.  If Brown and Ginn perform and if Byrd can continue improving when the pads come on, Hill is gone.

Only 4 DEs? We went with 6 (although one was at home working on his music videos) last year.

Frank was suspended, thus not taking a roster spot, and Hardy didn't count once he went on the list.  The team had 5 on the roster for a couple of weeks and spent most of the season with only 4, and Kony didn't pay significant meaningful snaps until later in the year.  They'll roll with 4 if they see better roster value elsewhere.

Edited by KSpan

Now that the Carolina Panthers offseason workouts are complete, here is my projected roster lineup based on first hand observations and reps received. 

Offense - 26

Quarterback - 2
Cam Newton
Derek Anderson

Running Back - 4
Jonathan Stewart
Fozzy Whitaker
Cameron Artis-Payne
Jordan Todman

Fullback - 1
Mike Tolbert

Tight End - 3
Greg Olsen
Ed Dickson
Brandon Williams

Wide Receiver - 6
Kelvin Benjamin 
Devin Funchess
Corey Brown
Ted Ginn
Brenton Bersin
Jerricho Cotchery

Offensive Line - 10
Michael Oher
Andrew Norwell
Ryan Kalil
Trai Turner
Mike Remmers
Jonathan Martin
Daryl Williams
Amini Silatolu 
Brian Folkerts
Nate Chandler

Defense - 24

Defensive Line - 8
Charles Johnson
Star Lotulelei 
Kawaan Short
Frank Alexander
Kony Ealy
Colin Cole
Dwan Edwards
Mario Addison

Linebacker - 5
Thomas Davis
Luke Kuechly
Shaq Thompson
Adarius Glanton
David Mayo

Safety - 5
Roman Harper
Tre Boston
Kurt Coleman
Dean Marlowe
Colin Jones

Corners - 6
Josh Norman
Bene Benwikere
Charles Tillman
Melvin White
Carrington Byndom
Teddy Williams 

Special Teams - 3

Kicker - Graham Gano
Punter - Brad Nortman
Long Snapper - JJ Jansen 

Practice Squad - 10
Lee Ward
Garry Peters 
Damiere Byrd
Brandon Wegher 
Terry Redden
Martin Wallace
David Foucault
Rakim Cox
Marcus Lucas
Brian Blechen

Notes: 

• Panthers keep one less linebacker and one additional safety due to popularity of "Buffalo" package. Glanton currently higher on depth chart than Klein.
  • CB Teddy Williams retained mostly for Special Teams abilities. 
  • Joe Webb not retained due to Cam Newton's improved health and other special teams additions added in offseason. 
  • All draft picks on regular roster until Gettleman shows otherwise. 
  • Nate Chandler retained for backup RT/G role. Versatility gets him a jersey. 
  • Brian Folkerts / Chris Scott position up in the air with Remmers taking backup center snaps. Folkerts as the only listed backup center on roster gets the spot for now. 

This is, by far, the most difficult year to make cuts to the roster in recent memory. Talent level is up, good players have to be released due to the numbers. Other teams will be signing cut Panthers players. 

View full article

The whole point of drafting Shaq was ability to stay in 4-3 base with the ability to do what buffalo package does