• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kony Ealy Update

Jeremy Igo

While I am all in supporting Ealy, the Panther who is set to have the breakout season at DE is......

.....Mario Addison. 

With Ealy still developing, and i question that he will ever become a starting DE with 10 sacks per season, I still feel good about Addison and Alexander.

That is not to say that we don't need Ealy, but it is to say that we have potential options.

Didn't you leave someone out?

I don't know whether it was just a simple oversight, or perhaps a Freudian slip, but your negation of Frank Alexander may mean something. 

I think he's just saying that Mario and CJ will be the starters. By all indications Frank is coming along very well and could challenge for the starting spot, but it seems Mario has improved enough to have a leg up on him for now.

i am honestly not at all worried about our DE rotation. nor our DT rotation. even with KK and Star out, i think our defensive line is formidable enough to help us win games. 

glad to hear Ealy is doing better.

Everyone keeps freaking out about Oher, but he just seems streaky to me. he is taking turns having bad and good practices. still want to give him more time before i call for a replacement. though, with Williams starting at LT today and doing quite well, i wonder if maybe the winds of change are blowing...

This is a write-up on Kony's weaknesses before last years' draft:

"Fires off the snap upright and is vulnerable to cut blocks. Much more effective pass rusher than run defender. Has been surrounded by a lot of talent at Missouri and may struggle early in the NFL if asked to be a savior."

This tells me Kony was going to need a couple of years to develop into a full-time starter, so as long as the coaches are happy with his progress, I'm not complaining, especially since it looks like we'll have a very good rotation of Big $$, Big Frank, Mario, and Kony where all of them have the talent to deserve a share of the snaps.

• Pie 1

Ppl say they aren't worried about our dline at all, but We got gashed quite a bit last year on the ground. Dwan is only on the decline and frankly, CJ is as well. So we need Short and Star to get healthy asap. I am excited about what Mario might be bringing this year, but Frank and Kony need to up their play also.

Ppl say they aren't worried about our dline at all, but We got gashed quite a bit last year on the ground. Dwan is only on the decline and frankly, CJ is as well. So we need Short and Star to get healthy asap. I am excited about what Mario might be bringing this year, but Frank and Kony need to up their play also.

CJ on the decline?  Please elaborate.