• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown, Boykin, Byrd?

Jeremy Igo

Not saying anyone in particular, but some a-holes wanted to write all these guys off. Nothing is a given yet, and it's still early still to be giving anyone not named Benjamin and Funchess a pass.

Weren't you the one declaring over a month ago that Corey Brown wouldn't even make the roster?

Bit hypocritical there dawg, just saying.

• Pie 2

Weren't you the one declaring over a month ago that Corey Brown wouldn't even make the roster?

Bit hypocritical there dawg, just saying.

First of all this forum was about Mike Brown, and, secondly, I never said that Corey Brown wouldn't make it, I alluded to the fact that I thought he was JAG and that I thought that Boykin was more accomplished and probably better. Moreover, I said that it would all boil down to competition during the preseason. I also said that, regardless, I don't want either one of them starting and that if we did we would have a problem. Lastly, I said that the name on the jersey really doesn't matter as long as the best man wins the job. So, no, I am not hypocritical, and I have always been a believer in competition over all. 

That's the thing about the Huddle and the written word, it's all there in the record. Sure, I have been very skeptical of Corey Brown, but part of my expressions have been because I believe that a certain contingent in the Huddle has blown the guy up to legendary status, even though he was JAG as a receiver and returner, seems somewhat prone to injury, and in my mind is no more deserving of praise than Bersin. But, even though I continue to be skeptical, if Corey Brown lives up to his Huddle hype, then hip hip hooray. But, make no mistake, I haven't and would not write anyone off, no matter how some people want to twist words and create their own Huddle narrative to cast negativity upon top dawg. It's a football forum, we all have opinions, and no one has been 100 percent right about anything. 

• Pie 1